Film Room Orange Bowl Midline

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The first play really illustrates what JT brings to the offense. Tevin would have been tackled for a loss because Bostic's block was less than perfect. JT doesn't need perfect blocks plus he has open field ability.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@dressedcheeseside Bostic's block was fine. I think JT did not follow the play and went outside versus inside. The block was fine for an inside run. But, your right, if someone else went outside then they would have been tackled.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Don't forget Shaq 15 yard downfield on the safety and Deon getting a second level block, too. We're gonna miss the departing seniors big time and for their blocking more than anything else.

I saw that as well and they deserved to be commented on. I just laughed at BJ's block though as it was perfect technique! As to '15 we all know you're not going to see the field as an A back unless you bring your blocking with you. I suspect there will one or two of the new guys that already know that ;)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
@dressedcheeseside @Longestday in #1, Chris Griffin missed his block on the DE and while Bostic chipped him, Bostic was trying to get to the next level. Fwiw, I think JT decided to bounce it outside because of seeing Griffin's block not because of Bostic.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
It shows again how experience is so important for the option attack so that both the OL and backs know what to do as the DeF changes.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
CPJ made a post game remark about running some midline where we didn't get the blocks but Justin made things happen with his feet.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
CPJ made a post game remark about running some midline where we didn't get the blocks but Justin made things happen with his feet.

I know we had one more midline where Chamberlain missed his block badly and JT got about 2yds on the other side of the line of scrimmage

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I wish I knew how to edit videos and add in photoshops. I would have a jock strap fall on the field under #2 in that first video. Dude got juked!

dcyellowjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Thanks @Longestday -- two surprises for me of this season: 1) we didn't run more midline and (2) we didn't have to
Before the Orange Bowl, I had assumed that we were avoiding running it often to save JT from the pounding the QB sometimes takes running the midline. Now I wonder if it was more about execution. I don't recall a single midline play this season that we executed nearly as well as the ones in the OB.