Orange Bowl 2017 season

Jmonty71

Banned
We need to see the team a lot more to get a good feel for how good we really are, but after Monday night I won't be surprised to see us playing in the orange bowl. If we make this I hope it's against UT. I would love to play them again. Any thoughts? Bowl games y'all would like and teams to play? Yes I know this is way to early to be talking about bowl games, but it was something I thought about.
I think the Orange is a bit too aggressive there. Keep in mind, our D is not the best. If our D was remotely better, or gets better...then yes... We have a shot. However; if we can't hold leads, even with turnovers, I wouldn't expect too high of a bowl.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think the Orange is a bit too aggressive there. Keep in mind, our D is not the best. If our D was remotely better, or gets better...then yes... We have a shot. However; if we can't hold leads, even with turnovers, I wouldn't expect too high of a bowl.
I get that. That's why I said the D will need to improve. But remember in 2014 they weren't that great. I actually have more reason based on mondays game to think we can match the 9 wins if not more from last year. We started off better this year than last, our D the first half looked better than anytime last year. I highly doubt our D will be worse than last year, and from what we just say Monday our offense has the potential to be better than last years. I have no reason to think the orange bowl is out of the picture. All it takes is us making the acccg and that can be done with 3 losses in conference play.

Jmonty71

Banned
I get that. That's why I said the D will need to improve. But remember in 2014 they weren't that great. I actually have more reason based on mondays game to think we can match the 9 wins if not more from last year. We started off better this year than last, our D the first half looked better than anytime last year. I highly doubt our D will be worse than last year, and from what we just say Monday our offense has the potential to be better than last years. I have no reason to think the orange bowl is out of the picture. All it takes is us making the acccg and that can be done with 3 losses in conference play.
Yeah... Question is.. Which D will we see the rest of the season. They D that played in the first half or the D that was played in the 2nd? Roof is not good at adjustments. He can do half time adjustments. But, in game adjustments, not so much. Part of that may be, because he's in the booth. I don't know.. Just seems that once his D is figured out, he doesn't change, in game. Maybe it's just me.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Yeah... Question is.. Which D will we see the rest of the season. They D that played in the first half or the D that was played in the 2nd? Roof is not good at adjustments. He can do half time adjustments. But, in game adjustments, not so much. Part of that may be, because he's in the booth. I don't know.. Just seems that once his D is figured out, he doesn't change, in game. Maybe it's just me.
I agree with this 100% I'll be happy with something between first half D and second half D.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think we have to wait a bit on the D. The main thing to remember is that Branch was playing his first game at DT and it was the Saint's first start. Freeman and Cerge played about as expected, but who knows how many assignments were missed by their mates? I think Branch showed great promise, but I didn't see much in the way of stunts involving him; about what you'd expect, given the situation.

In short, I think this outfit will end up looking like the DL in Gotsis's junior year once they get rolling. That should be enough.