Opponents Strengths & Weaknesses: GSU

thwgjacket

You really can't use Savannah State as any kind of measuring stick because they are just that bad. Fritz could have had them line up backwards and they would have put up 60 on SSU. They have no business being in Division I. And they keep proving it. That may be the worst football team at any level I've ever seen.
These are GSU fans, they don't adhere to logic. Trust me, my family is full of them and when it comes to GSU football logic goes out the window.

Stonewall

Jolly Good Fellow
You really can't use Savannah State as any kind of measuring stick because they are just that bad. Fritz could have had them line up backwards and they would have put up 60 on SSU. They have no business being in Division I. And they keep proving it. That may be the worst football team at any level I've ever seen.
wasn't using SSU's defense as a measuring stick. i was speaking of the execution of the HUNH in terms of guys hustling to the LOS, properly aligned looking to the sidelines, getting the play call in quickly from the coaches, then no snafus during execution. pretty flawless for a team that's run an O from under center for years and milked clock. monken did tinker with no huddle, but it wasn't a hurry up.

installation of the HUNH isn't just a wrinkle but a significant shift in philosophy with fritz coming onboard. just one more distinction that sets the direction of the eagle O apart from past years in terms of style. having the ability to go HUNH effectively without shooting yourself in the foot is a damn nice card to play.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
wasn't using SSU's defense as a measuring stick. i was speaking of the execution of the HUNH in terms of guys hustling to the LOS, properly aligned looking to the sidelines, getting the play call in quickly from the coaches, then no snafus during execution. pretty flawless for a team that's run an O from under center for years and milked clock. monken did tinker with no huddle, but it wasn't a hurry up.

installation of the HUNH isn't just a wrinkle but a significant shift in philosophy with fritz coming onboard. just one more distinction that sets the direction of the eagle O apart from past years in terms of style. having the ability to go HUNH effectively without shooting yourself in the foot is a damn nice card to play.
But SSU put no pressure on them in that situation to think about their call or think about a check or anything. They could get to the line, get the call and run with it because SSU did nothing to make them think they might want to check off or check down. They may as well been lined up against air, like it was the last two periods of a Wednesday practice. My point is it was easy to execute and look good doing that against SSU ... because it was SSU. Now, that's not to say Southern isn't good at it. But when your opponent isn't making it hard on you in any aspect, you're gonna look good doing it.