Opening Weekend: Purdue, W Michigan and VCU

How many pitchers will we see this weekend?

• <=6

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 9.1%

Votes: 5 45.5%

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • >=11

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I'm not sure if he ever threw a strike. Before hand, some of the parents were telling me how well he had pitched Summer ball and in Fall practice at GT. He really needs to gain some confidence.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm not sure if he ever threw a strike. Before hand, some of the parents were telling me how well he had pitched Summer ball and in Fall practice at GT. He really needs to gain some confidence.

Patrick has the talent with 1.59 ERA over summer. Plus he has to be doing well for Hall to put him in as the first reliever. Pitching mostly mental? His line had 3 strikes in 11 pitches.

Just had a bad day. Only you and I are perfect:sick::cool:

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Patrick has the talent with 1.59 ERA over summer. Plus he has to be doing well for Hall to put him in as the first reliever. Pitching mostly mental? His line had 3 strikes in 11 pitches.

Just had a bad day. Only you and I are perfect:sick::cool:

More than a lack of control yesterday, it appeared (from what I heard on WREK) he picked up some sort of injury after the first couple of pitches. Not sure.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Timmy Byerly got by the game as well. And, I saw a handful of other football players out there right was the sprinkle of rain started. I didn't hang around.

wreck1

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm the only guy that picked over 11 pitchers in the poll at the top. Guess that makes me the official beesball aficionado here :). I really figured I was safe 'cause this ol Tech guy figured the other teams would trot out some pitchers too and the question didn't specify how many "Tech" pitchers only pitchers. Good to see lots of arms though.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
So we've already seen 5 freshmen pitchers throw and 3 freshmen position players. All of them have looked pretty good (I understand the competition hasn't been great, but still...).

Not sure if they will get the game in today. I think Sunday has some different rules as far as what time games have to end to allow for travel time. Supposed to be raining from about 11-2.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Kids Day as Russ Chandler. Some Boy Scouts were chill in' with Arden Pabst & Tristin English in the dugout
CbwUlPoWIAEUdwP.jpg

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Gentlemen, I know it is very early, but the way our pitching shut down a VCU team that had blasted out 15 and 8 runs their first two games...today they get 1 unearned run.

For the weekend, GT pitching gives up 3 runs total, only 1 ER!!! That with Zack Ryan getting plenty of rest.

I think WE'RE BACK, BABY!

ACC might be tough as we are young on the mound and I doubt they will have seen anything like ACC caliber baseball when we hit the league schedule, so my expectations there are that we have some rough series against some of the top teams until we get some experience on the mound. But by the end of the year I think we will be a very tough out.

Only downside has been the fielding....3 errors today, and 4 for the weekend. We will need to tighten that up by the time we hit league play!

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Gentlemen, I know it is very early, but the way our pitching shut down a VCU team that had blasted out 15 and 8 runs their first two games...today they get 1 unearned run.

For the weekend, GT pitching gives up 3 runs total, only 1 ER!!! That with Zack Ryan getting plenty of rest.

I think WE'RE BACK, BABY!

ACC might be tough as we are young on the mound and I doubt they will have seen anything like ACC caliber baseball when we hit the league schedule, so my expectations there are that we have some rough series against some of the top teams until we get some experience on the mound. But by the end of the year I think we will be a very tough out.

Only downside has been the fielding....3 errors today, and 4 for the weekend. We will need to tighten that up by the time we hit league play!

Really like the way we played all around, minus the 3 errors. Agree on about the need to tighten it up but it didn't hurt us.

I thought going into this weekend that Purdue and VCU would give us a run for our money. Purdue errors hurt them.

Up next is @ Ga. Southern.