Opening Weekend: Purdue, W Michigan and VCU

How many pitchers will we see this weekend?

• <=6

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 9.1%

Votes: 5 45.5%

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • >=11

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
All of our freshman pitchers, except English, pitched this series and no earned runs were surrendered. This can be the best team we have had in a long time.

Our pitchers combined ERA was .033 this weekend. I'M HAPPY !

We didn't have it easy with GS last year. Go Jackets!

Why live in the past..?

Our series with him in past has been up and down. This year may not be any different but let's see what happens this year..my brother.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Our pitchers combined ERA was .033 this weekend. I'M HAPPY !

Why live in the past..?

Our series with him in past has been up and down. This year may not be any different but let's see what happens this year..my brother.

You right.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm the only guy that picked over 11 pitchers in the poll at the top. Guess that makes me the official beesball aficionado here :). I really figured I was safe 'cause this ol Tech guy figured the other teams would trot out some pitchers too and the question didn't specify how many "Tech" pitchers only pitchers. Good to see lots of arms though.

Congratulations. At 13 pitchers, you (and one other who entered late), were clearly right.

As far as the legalistic semantics of GT versus both teams, that is on me. I should have realized the audience. (y)

What a difference a year makes. Hope Patrick Wiseman is ok.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Just keep pitching, baby!

My concern with young pitchers, especially when they get into ACC play, is how they react when they get roughed up a bit. Good ones figure it out and battle through it an get better. Some never figure it out and get intimidated and never improve. We won't REALLY know until they get some scars how they will react...but this is as promising a staff as we have had in....forever, I think!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
20160223_002937.jpg
20160223_003008.jpg

There isn't a better sight in college baseball than the Rusty C!
The boy and I had a good time Sunday despite the early weather.
Just keep winning.
The young arms were quite impressive.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Definitely a good start to the season. Sounds like the young pitchers looked pretty good. But I'm not going to get too excited over one weekend. Let's see how these guys do against top tier college talent. It's definitely gonna be a challenge for them.

Just please please please don't break before then guys. Thanks.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
VCU lost out to Miami in the Super Regionals last year and beat KSU and GSU in town this week end. They are not "choppeed liver".

Squints

Helluva Engineer
VCU lost out to Miami in the Super Regionals last year and beat KSU and GSU in town this week end. They are not "choppeed liver".

I mean sure they're not "chopped liver" but they're definitely not Miami, Florida State, Virginia, UNC, etc. The teams we actually have to compete against. They're a decent mid-major program. No less, no more. And just because they had a hot streak at the end of last season and beat a couple of other decent mid-majors this past weekend doesn't change that. It's awesome we beat team but that's what we're supposed to do and I'm not going to get too amped up over it. The first couple of weekends are basically spring training in my eyes. Our path to the tournament lies via conference play.