Opening Weekend: Purdue, W Michigan and VCU

How many pitchers will we see this weekend?

• <=6

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 9.1%

Votes: 5 45.5%

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • >=11

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A Fresh Start: http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/021816aaa.html

I think we'll see 9 pitchers in the three games. A lot of new ones to try out. From the article above, interesting that King called out Keyton Gibson and Jonathan Hughes as being impact pitchers. That's based on inter-squad ....... we'll see soon whether the pitching is that good or the hitting is weak ........ hopefully both are strong but won't know.

Here's the link to the game notes. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/geot/sports/m-basebl/auto_pdf/2015-16/release/release.pdf

If anyone knows how to pdf the 2016 Info Guide, I'd appreciate it. There is a site you have to go to and it's not clear how to get the Info Guide as a downloadable document without signing up .....

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Last year's finish was completely agonizing. Today is a new beginning! It will also be good to listen to WREK again after such a long time.. Go Jackets! #TogetherWeSwarm

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I will be there today and hopefully Sunday, if it doesn't rain. I can't wait. Hopefully this starts GT sports back on the winning track.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Bats looking hot, but Tech trails Purdue 1-0 on an unearned run in the 2nd. Tech had a chance to score 2 runs in the B2, but Purdue made a great defensive play to end it.

Back-to-back hits from Bailey and Peurifoy. Gonzo hits into a DP, but Bailey scores to tie the game at 1-1. Tech has 5 hits so far. Bats are hot! Go Jackets!

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Gold is done. 5IP, 2H, 3W, 8SO!, and 1R (unearned). Good outing for BG. Patrick Wiseman is in.

Wow! Wiseman walks the first 2 batters he faces, and is pulled.

Last edited:

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Home run Trevor Craport!!!!!! On his debut too.. 3 for 3 with 2 runs scored and 1 RBI... Wow! Tech leads 3-2.

We're into the B7, 6 outs to go for win #1 of the season. Go Jackets!

Last edited:

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Bases loaded with 2 outs for Tech in B8. Peurifoy at bat. Peurifoy rips one to LF but Purdue drops a fly ball and 2 runs come in! Tech leads 5-2!

Gorst in to pitch T9. 2 SOs for Gorst and a ground out secures the win. Go Jackets!

Last edited:

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Had a couple flashbacks to last season. Gold almost getting hurt slipping, then the blister, then Wiseman walking two guys right off the bat. Almost had me doing the 1000-yard stare.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Dulaney the freshman was the winner in this game. Literally and figuratively.

Gold is still a stud.

Gorst, 9 pitches and 8 strikes to close. 3 outs. Insane.

One earned run the entire game, pretty good.

Craport is the new Kel? 3 for 3.

Kel Johnson with two strikeouts and two walks; need to hit the ball.

Solid hitting and fielding day.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Scores from yesterday:

BC beat Northern Ill. 5-1

Duke lost to Cal. 5-2

WF beat Georgetown 3-1

UVa beat Kent St. 8-6

Clemson lost to Maine 4-3

NCST. lost to Old Dominion 5-0

Pitt beat Niagara 19-10

UNC beat UCLA 4-0