Open Letter

Go4Tech

Jolly Good Fellow
To the 2014 Georgia Institute of Technology Football team, Coaches, Staff, and Athletic Association:

Congratulations on the wonderful year that you experienced and enjoyed! Your efforts provided tremendous joy, comfort, and hope for those who have experienced the lows and highs of Georgia Tech.

As you clean out your lockers, please take a moment to look back at what was accomplished. A group of individuals came together. Their solidarity was such that together they could do so much more than an individual. Watching your season, looking at the adversity and the accomplishments, looks like you were able to catch lighting in a bottle. As you go forward, take with you this memory. Grasp tight this experience and memories. For there will come a time in your future that you will long for the “good ole days”.

Recall a conversation with a good friend who is a senior manager for a fortune 50 company who recalled their greatest accomplishment and joy being the very few times when the team came together to “pull on the oars together and in unison” to accomplish goals that others could not imagine.

To those who will be leaving the program, take with you these memories. The early mornings, late nights, the beyond experience efforts to help those around you be better. Fear not, they will pay you dividends in the future when you pass on the lessons learned. Please note, you will not be able to determine the exact moment teaching these lessons will bear fruit. Keep the faith, continue to look forward, and replicate these lessons learned and earned. Good things will come.

To those who remain, may your hearts and minds be such that you long to keep this fleeting time together through respect for one other, hard work, and peace that comes from balancing of responsibilities. May you receive the lessons presented, and continue to learn. Set the highest objectives. Work toward them together will respect and balance. For oh too soon, it will be your time to return the teaching. Rest not on the past.

In closing, wish my father, IM48, was around to see this year. You would have surely rekindled the days of Coach Dodd for him. You did for me, BEE82.

THWG!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I too wish my dear step-dad could have witnessed this season. He did not miss a home game for 38 years, road game for 28, becoming his greatest streak during a 80 year following of GT. He was instrumental in bringing Al C. down from Akron, becoming his first advertising account and so forth.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
For a while I was the only tech fan in my family, but after this season I think they're hooked. Kept getting texts from them during the OB about bad calls etc... so awesome :)

To the 2014 Georgia Institute of Technology Football team, Coaches, Staff, and Athletic Association:

Congratulations on the wonderful year that you experienced and enjoyed! Your efforts provided tremendous joy, comfort, and hope for those who have experienced the lows and highs of Georgia Tech.

As you clean out your lockers, please take a moment to look back at what was accomplished. A group of individuals came together. Their solidarity was such that together they could do so much more than an individual. Watching your season, looking at the adversity and the accomplishments, looks like you were able to catch lighting in a bottle. As you go forward, take with you this memory. Grasp tight this experience and memories. For there will come a time in your future that you will long for the “good ole days”.

Recall a conversation with a good friend who is a senior manager for a fortune 50 company who recalled their greatest accomplishment and joy being the very few times when the team came together to “pull on the oars together and in unison” to accomplish goals that others could not imagine.

To those who will be leaving the program, take with you these memories. The early mornings, late nights, the beyond experience efforts to help those around you be better. Fear not, they will pay you dividends in the future when you pass on the lessons learned. Please note, you will not be able to determine the exact moment teaching these lessons will bear fruit. Keep the faith, continue to look forward, and replicate these lessons learned and earned. Good things will come.

To those who remain, may your hearts and minds be such that you long to keep this fleeting time together through respect for one other, hard work, and peace that comes from balancing of responsibilities. May you receive the lessons presented, and continue to learn. Set the highest objectives. Work toward them together will respect and balance. For oh too soon, it will be your time to return the teaching. Rest not on the past.

In closing, wish my father, IM48, was around to see this year. You would have surely rekindled the days of Coach Dodd for him. You did for me, BEE82.

THWG!
Well said. Add my dad, IM '50 to those who would have loved it.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I second sending to the GTAA. It is a good idea to share nice memories and congratulations and thanks to the program for a great season. It is important anytime to show the student-athletes you appreciate them actually even if they have a disappointing year. These kids don't do us proud by winning games they do us proud by how they go about their stressful public years in college which includes their efforts in a sport we enjoy watching.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I second sending to the GTAA. It is a good idea to share nice memories and congratulations and thanks to the program for a great season. It is important anytime to show the student-athletes you appreciate them actually even if they have a disappointing year. These kids don't do us proud by winning games they do us proud by how they go about their stressful public years in college which includes their efforts in a sport we enjoy watching.
That is what is so great about this team. We can be proud of them, win or lose, for the way they represent our school both on the field and off. Congratulations for a great season.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
That's awesome that you took over his tickets! What a great way to remember your dad!
I'm another who wishes her Dad had lived to enjoy this special season. He had season tickets for 33 years until his death in 1993. I have those tickets now, and never fail to think about him on game days.