Onto Notre Dame

57jacket

Helluva Engineer
Me too. I think too often he takes the inside gap to the QB gets his butt sealed off. I had “deep as the ball and turn in” drilled into my head by my position coach. Also, with only 2 LB, the DE has to know where that LB behind him is going to be when he takes that inside gap.
Yeah. It frustrates the h*** out of me when the DE over runs (or inside rush) the QB and give him an outside run. Keep him in the pocket! Corner or safety blitz can come inside or out. But the DE must keep the QB from running.

slugboy

Staff member
SP+ Likes Notre Dame by 10.5.

Notre Dame has a better offense than UNC, and a MUCH better defense. The good news, is they’re run-focused, and we’re OK against the run.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
King might play, the players I know say he's okay. But he got looked at further after the game, so the depth chart will give us the answer on if it's HK or Pyron.
Do you really think they would tell you anything different when Key's policy is to not comment in public about injuries?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Their D is going to be a legit pain in the butt for us.
Their run D is arguably better than ours - they give up 3.4 yards per carry vs GT D's 3.6 and their yards per played allowed is a very low 4.2.
We are going to have to take some chances through the air given their CB injury issues,

Leonard concerns me as he has played really well the last 2 games and is the beste dual threat QB we have played so far this year. Last 2 games he is 33-45 for 392 yards, 5 TD's. 0 INT and 1 sack. Rushing he has 19 carries for 83 yds and 2 TD's the last 2 games. On the season he has over 400 yds rushing an 8 rushing TD's.
We probably need to have a spy on him.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Looking at our lads 2 deep on ND 3 man dl, their 2nd string makes plays. They will likely not be gassed at end of game.
Thiey dont rush a Giant NT.

We need to get line calls ready as to protect the cbs thaey will have the lb blitz.
No more 3 ol guys on NT , tackles one on one, then lb hitting qb. I think we can move the ball on them with quick side to side passes- especially rb flair pass.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
We'll see how our lines of scrimmage hold up. If they can we can be competitive.

With our QB laboring, I think we are a long shot. We need to come out on the positive side of the ledger in terms of big plays. We will have to steal a possession or two and maybe make a big play on special teams. We're not going to methodically roll ND. We'll need big plays.

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
Notre Dame Depth Chart below. They are always Big on the line of scrimmage. I did notice that the Starting Left Guard and Left Tackle are both Freshmen. Thats might be a weak spot. Usually takes some time to develop a good offensive line.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Notre Dame Depth Chart below. They are always Big on the line of scrimmage. I did notice that the Starting Left Guard and Left Tackle are both Freshmen. Thats might be a weak spot. Usually takes some time to develop a good offensive line.

Defense must step up.

DL is playing like violent people. LB are running around and they are good against run. Maybe we get some pressure.

The soft zone db coverage killed us by letting Scuse g⁹et 300 yds in first half. We nearly caught up. That one got away.

6-1 sounds so much better than 5-2.

Pass D seems to be playing faster. Also very little soft zone pass.
These guys at ND destroyed us at last meeting , dropping 55 on us with average pass completion of 17 yds.

Even if King was 100%, we must slow them down.

6-2 is way better than 5-3.
We need this one.

Last edited:

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer

CB Benjamin Morrison is now out for the year. Key player.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FEI has been updated through week 7.
ND is currently at #8 overall, GT #50.
ND is #21 in OFEI, GT is #79 in DFEI
ND is #1 in DFEI, GT is #19 in OFEI
ND is #71 in SFEI, GT #121

In addition to their All-American CB being out, there is some chatter that their primary kicker might miss the game.

Regardless of who plays QB for GT, we have to be willing to take some shots against their secondary. Partially just so they don't load up the box and stymie the run game. Our OL has a huge test this Saturday.