Only 115 short days until kickoff...

CEB

Helluva Engineer
We push through summer, grinding out one longgg hotttt dayyy at a time. Then the reward is getting football a week early and upsetting FSU yet again to start the 2024 season.

Push forward, men! (And ladies.)

And just to kill some time.... favorite win over FSU? PLEASE don't say 2020 with *you know who* 😂😂
There have been some awesome finishes and some wins over better FSU teams, but 2009 stuck out to me.
We were coming off a big season and off to a good start looking for an even bigger season and FSU was badly needing a win. This was exactly the type of game FSU seemed to always break our hearts.
Doak. At night. NO PUNTS.
Our fumble early in the 4th seemed like catastrophe, only to have our D come right back with the huge sack fumble. Only two stops of the night I think.
Then Nesbitt… just Nesbitt. Got his head taken off on a cheap shot and replied with, “oooooh, you gone and done it now…”
When he finally made a mistake, he made the most improbable play ever to take it back.
I was a little leery of our D, but that night I knew we had ourselves an offensive juggernaut.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Definitely 2015 for me too. I was there and have never been apart of such an electric atmosphere. Rocket toss was working all night long and then the most improbable finish to a game. I was so certain he was going to hit that kick and break our hearts once again. Hadn't missed a 4th quarter kick all year. "What a time to be alive!"

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
There have been some awesome finishes and some wins over better FSU teams, but 2009 stuck out to me.
We were coming off a big season and off to a good start looking for an even bigger season and FSU was badly needing a win. This was exactly the type of game FSU seemed to always break our hearts.
Doak. At night. NO PUNTS.
Our fumble early in the 4th seemed like catastrophe, only to have our D come right back with the huge sack fumble. Only two stops of the night I think.
Then Nesbitt… just Nesbitt. Got his head taken off on a cheap shot and replied with, “oooooh, you gone and done it now…”
When he finally made a mistake, he made the most improbable play ever to take it back.
I was a little leery of our D, but that night I knew we had ourselves an offensive juggernaut.
That game was amazing. I remember it being delayed for like 3 hours it seemed due to lightning. I was 16 or 17 at the time and watching with my parents on tv. That steal back by nesbitt was incredible. Went from heart sinking to elated in a matter of seconds. Then that TD run to seal the deal.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Not a lot to choose from but 2015's gotta be the best for me. Was at that game. What an atmosphere! The win in 2008 would be a close second.
2008 FSU was my first real game I attended. I was in the upper East with my older brother and couldn't see what happened in the end zone with that fumble. We just heard the crowd cheering and figured it was something good😂😂 then we hear *fumble on the play, recovered by GT* and the place went nuts. Also the first time I've seen students storm the field.

Amazing memory for an impressionable 15 year old kid at the time. Dwyer up the middle all day was nice to see.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Definitely 2015 for me too. I was there and have never been apart of such an electric atmosphere. Rocket toss was working all night long and then the most improbable finish to a game. I was so certain he was going to hit that kick and break our hearts once again. Hadn't missed a 4th quarter kick all year. "What a time to be alive!"
Yeah that game was so weird. We did just enough to stay in it despite some turnovers. That 4th down long catch by Brad Stewart was so electric.

But yes, the blocked FG was insane. My baby mama and daughter were asleep at the time, and it took all I had not to wake them up. I was running around the house screaming in silence😂

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
I mean how could you ever beat

“AUSTIN”
“STILL ON HIS FEET”
“ONE MAN”
“YOU CANT BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED”
“WHAT A TIME TO BE ALI-AGHVE”

I get chills even thinking about it. I think that game single-handedly turned me from tech football enjoyer, to die hard gold-oozer.
We were 2-5 before that game. But that’s GT baby and I love that.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I mean how could you ever beat

“AUSTIN”
“STILL ON HIS FEET”
“ONE MAN”
“YOU CANT BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED”
“WHAT A TIME TO BE ALI-AGHVE”

I get chills even thinking about it. I think that game single-handedly turned me from tech football enjoyer, to die hard gold-oozer.
We were 2-5 before that game. But that’s GT baby and I love that.
Yeah dude the sequence of thoughts during that kick was crazy.

They're gonna beat us on a last second field goal. Oh my god they blocked it. Okay, he picked it up. He's gonna try to run it back. Oh sheet he's coming around the corner. Oh my god he's got blockers. HE GOT PAST THE KICKER. HOLY FFFFF HE RAN IT BACK FOR A TD!

it all happened in slow motion I swear!

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
2009 for me. The (now ex-)wife kicked me out of bed because my reaction to the fumble then takeaway sequence woke her from some meaningless slumber. I was therefore able to bask in the warmth of the living room tv with dog watching a great GT win. I think we both used the fire hydrant at the end of the block that night.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
My favorite part is Aguayo had just talked **** earlier that offseason, saying he would've made the tackle on the Alabama Kick-Six play. To see him whiff that badly was a cherry on top of a very delicious sundae.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah dude the sequence of thoughts during that kick was crazy.

They're gonna beat us on a last second field goal. Oh my god they blocked it. Okay, he picked it up. He's gonna try to run it back. Oh sheet he's coming around the corner. Oh my god he's got blockers. HE GOT PAST THE KICKER. HOLY FFFFF HE RAN IT BACK FOR A TD!

it all happened in slow motion I swear!
For me it was:

They're gonna beat us on a last second field goal. Oh my god they blocked it. NO, DON'T TOUCH IT!!!!! OMG, HE TOUCHED IT! He's gonna try to run it back. Oh sheet he's coming around the corner. Oh my god he's got blockers. HE GOT PAST THE KICKER. HOLY FFFFF HE RAN IT BACK FOR A TD!
WAIT, did that just happen? What just happened? Did that really happen?

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
For me it was:

They're gonna beat us on a last second field goal. Oh my god they blocked it. NO, DON'T TOUCH IT!!!!! OMG, HE TOUCHED IT! He's gonna try to run it back. Oh sheet he's coming around the corner. Oh my god he's got blockers. HE GOT PAST THE KICKER. HOLY FFFFF HE RAN IT BACK FOR A TD!
WAIT, did that just happen? What just happened? Did that really happen?
I was all for trying to run it back. It can't hurt. Besides what's the worst that could happen? Arguably one of the greatest finishes in CFB of all time?

CEB

Helluva Engineer
My favorite part is Aguayo had just talked **** earlier that offseason, saying he would've made the tackle on the Alabama Kick-Six play. To see him whiff that badly was a cherry on top of a very delicious sundae.

Oh my gosh that’s funny! How have I missed that video?!?

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
I was all for trying to run it back. It can't hurt. Besides what's the worst that could happen? Arguably one of the greatest finishes in CFB of all time?
As fans, it's pretty well ingrained: "Don't touch the blocked FG". It was definitely my first reaction, and I remember later that night everyone talking about going NO NO NO NO NO....YES YES YES YES YES!!!!! Images of Leon Lett dancing through my head.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Once he got past Aguayo I turned to my grandpa and started screaming and jumping up and down and completely missed seeing Austin cross the goal-line. It wasn't until about 2:30 the following morning when ESPN was showing the highlights at the local McDonald's where we stopped to grab a bite that I actually saw him score the TD. Has to be a top 5 greatest CFB ending of all time. The fact we caused a small earthquake from celebrating was pretty amazing as well!

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

That blocked kick turned the "Future HoF Kicker" into an after though. Ruined his career because he couldn't overcome the mental damage of that block. 2nd round draft pick that lasted 1 year. oof

CEB

Helluva Engineer
As fans, it's pretty well ingrained: "Don't touch the blocked FG". It was definitely my first reaction, and I remember later that night everyone talking about going NO NO NO NO NO....YES YES YES YES YES!!!!! Images of Leon Lett dancing through my head.
That sequence was so ridiculous and I was so excited that I actually got nervous watching the replay the first few times. I just knew they were going to throw a flag for something and take away our points.
Two other times I felt so ridiculously nervous that “they” were going to “steal” it from us:
1. Quay Sercy leap was reviewed and spotted 3” short of the goal.
2. DJ White didn’t control the interception and UGA retained possession.

It sucks being so jaded that you stop celebrating and get nervous all over again just to make sure. :ROFLMAO:

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Once he got past Aguayo I turned to my grandpa and started screaming and jumping up and down and completely missed seeing Austin cross the goal-line. It wasn't until about 2:30 the following morning when ESPN was showing the highlights at the local McDonald's where we stopped to grab a bite that I actually saw him score the TD. Has to be a top 5 greatest CFB ending of all time. The fact we caused a small earthquake from celebrating was pretty amazing as well!
Damn you were stoked on just the block😂😂that's a good chunk of game to miss from celebrating