One thing the GT brass should have learned last week....

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Well in the country the doggie fans are silent but there is a mood in the air that says hey Tech is good this year.....of course the doggies think this is a flash in the pan like few years ago but they are whistling past the grave yard.....biggest PR you can have folks is ..........WIN OVER GA. It sets the tone for the year in anything you do.....it was a long awaited shot in the arm for us......

Well in the country the doggie fans are silent but there is a mood in the air that says hey Tech is good this year.....of course the doggies think this is a flash in the pan like few years ago but they are whistling past the grave yard.....biggest PR you can have folks is ..........WIN OVER GA. It sets the tone for the year in anything you do.....it was a long awaited shot in the arm for us......
Well it has been many, many years that we have been unable to take that shot in the arm and extend it to a real winning streak. Hopefully next year will be as successful and we can get a little bit of a trend going.

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This kind of PR can not be bought. We were in every discussion, good or bad, about CFB all week. This can be more than a one time deal if we can get the support we need in all athletics. It has been the impression, right or wrong, that the educational side of the Institute has been at odds with the athletic side for quite some time. Maybe this is the impetus we need going forward in a united front. Going forward, we can have this more than once or twice per decade. It is great to be a fuzzy BEE, and we need to keep the momentum going forward.

This PR is pure gold and extends beyond the gridiron. All week, I've had people at work talk about the team and the offense, and ask me about the school. Puts a little swagger in your step. I guess these poor Texans can't wrap their minds around the idea you can kick butt on Saturday and take tough classes Mon-Fri.

Toughest damn nerds in the world, y'all.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
This PR is pure gold and extends beyond the gridiron. All week, I've had people at work talk about the team and the offense, and ask me about the school. Puts a little swagger in your step. I guess these poor Texans can't wrap their minds around the idea you can kick butt on Saturday and take tough classes Mon-Fri.

Toughest damn nerds in the world, y'all.
Kind of funny........when we win its allways "well you are in the ACC" but let us beat Georgie and .......puppy fans just disappear from the face of Jefferson County... after a ga game the trash containers are full of G hats and merchandise etc......beating Ga now makes the season complete.....win over a tuff MSU team will give us bragging rights for the year..........course the rights go away next time we play ga since we need to beat them again but right now we are in everybodys gossip coloum and its fun to hear how good we are doing.Even Augusta paper has article on Tech.........HWGA

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Kind of funny........when we win its allways "well you are in the ACC" but let us beat Georgie and .......puppy fans just disappear from the face of Jefferson County... after a ga game the trash containers are full of G hats and merchandise etc......beating Ga now makes the season complete.....win over a tuff MSU team will give us bragging rights for the year..........course the rights go away next time we play ga since we need to beat them again but right now we are in everybodys gossip coloum and its fun to hear how good we are doing.Even Augusta paper has article on Tech.........HWGA
Now that is funny! Same thing here. There are about 8 Tech fans in our county and it has been super quiet for two weeks. Almost all of both sides of our family are Ugag fans, and they have not said one word.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I was getting some chicken feed at the feed store the other day (wife has backyard hens) and the guy loading my trunk saw my GT hitch cover, paused for a second and said... "Georgia Tech". I can't reproduce how he said it, but it had the tone like someone was punching him in the gut. He didn't even look me in the face, he just loaded the feed bag and walked away. I said "Merry Christmas!" and he just kept walking.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Now that is funny! Same thing here. There are about 8 Tech fans in our county and it has been super quiet for two weeks. Almost all of both sides of our family are Ugag fans, and they have not said one word.
play goof(not golf) at times with eight doggies every Saturday and have been waiting for some retort on the game........all I hear is well we fumbled inside the five etc but I remind them that fumbles are part of the game and the final score still stands........Its a great life to be a tech fan and doggie beater.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
play goof(not golf) at times with eight doggies every Saturday and have been waiting for some retort on the game........all I hear is well we fumbled inside the five etc but I remind them that fumbles are part of the game and the final score still stands........Its a great life to be a tech fan and doggie beater.
Did you remind them we fumbled just as many times only ours were ref aided and one resulted directly in a mutt td (14 point swing)?

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Did you remind them we fumbled just as many times only ours were ref aided and one resulted directly in a mutt td (14 point swing)?
Hey Cheesy with you all the way but.......remember we are talking to puppie lovers who dont understand the rationale of the english language and cant believe what they see.......I have no probles with the breaks.Just finished watchingus lose to Ga in 60 whenwe kicked them all over the field and Pat Dye blocked two kicks...we won the ground stats but not on the scoreboard.......about time we get breaks if that what they want to call it.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Hey Cheesy with you all the way but.......remember we are talking to puppie lovers who dont understand the rationale of the english language and cant believe what they see.......I have no probles with the breaks.Just finished watchingus lose to Ga in 60 whenwe kicked them all over the field and Pat Dye blocked two kicks...we won the ground stats but not on the scoreboard.......about time we get breaks if that what they want to call it.
Urban Meyer says there's no such thing as luck in college football.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Yea the refs atleast made us work to score after they turned it over. They just let them rip rip rip and run 99 yards for a score. Objectivety isnt part of a Dwag fans life. They got a 14 point swing there and we gift wrapped their last TD for them. Then missed an extra point. Gimme a break... they had every chance in the world to win that game. We just wanted it that much more than they did.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
No, because I have come to realize they do not watch the same game we do. It is almost like an Abbot and Costello act when talking to a dawg about the Tech / Ga game.