One Preseason All-ACC

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
We have a very deep team but I am not sure we have anyone on the team currently that we can point to from last years production and say they are All-ACC caliber. Mills would probably be on the list and a case could perhaps be made for Lynch.

That being said we have several guys that could be on this list by the end of the season... AJ Gray, Branch, Saint-Armour, Durham, Freeman, etc.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
We have a very deep team but I am not sure we have anyone on the team currently that we can point to from last years production and say they are All-ACC caliber. Mills would probably be on the list and a case could perhaps be made for Lynch.

That being said we have several guys that could be on this list by the end of the season... AJ Gray, Branch, Saint-Armour, Durham, Freeman, etc.

Form your post it appears defense is the strongest side of the ball this year. Hope that comes true!

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think Corey Griffin, Lance Austin, Kenny Cooper, Parker Braun, Ricky Jeune, and Qua Searcy (you heard it here first: our AB yardage leader this year!) make it onto the postseason lists.

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
Form your post it appears defense is the strongest side of the ball this year. Hope that comes true!

I think it is just hard for our players on offense to get the necessary stats to be 1st team All-ACC. We rotate A-backs too often for them to consistently generate numbers. Lynch last year was our best A-back with 415 Rushing and 490 Receiving yards that is only 905 total yards. For comparison the leading rusher for the ACC last season, Dalvin Cook, had 1765 rushing yards and 488 receiving yards.

The only offensive skill player I see that could break into the 1st team would be B-Back and we have zero game proven players at that position.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Who would you replace?

Its not about replacing. Its about who on our team can be all-acc. I can easily see Griffin or Gray being on one of the 3 teams. I can see cooper, braun or bryan making a team. I can see our punter making a team. I can see Searcy or Lynch making a team if they get more touches (one issue is our depth here); however the opposite is true for Juene...if he shows out he can make a team too. I can see possibly one of our cb's or maybe even a DL like freeman if he plays well his final year getting a 2nd or 3rd team all-acc.

Its not empirically ok I would replace this guy. We have 4-5 guys on our team that I think will make a case to be on one of the teams this year. Preseason is BS and even more bs than preseason is ESPN. Its a joke network now IMO, especially when it comes to all the crap analysis and hype they attempt. They have oversaturated themselves in BS, and worse is put up people giving opinion and analysis on sports that literally have never even played at the high school or middle school level. Especially in football...but eh. Thats what we are now.

Just me I guess.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Its not about replacing. Its about who on our team can be all-acc. I can easily see Griffin or Gray being on one of the 3 teams. I can see cooper, braun or bryan making a team. I can see our punter making a team. I can see Searcy or Lynch making a team if they get more touches (one issue is our depth here); however the opposite is true for Juene...if he shows out he can make a team too. I can see possibly one of our cb's or maybe even a DL like freeman if he plays well his final year getting a 2nd or 3rd team all-acc.

Its not empirically ok I would replace this guy. We have 4-5 guys on our team that I think will make a case to be on one of the teams this year. Preseason is BS and even more bs than preseason is ESPN. Its a joke network now IMO, especially when it comes to all the crap analysis and hype they attempt. They have oversaturated themselves in BS, and worse is put up people giving opinion and analysis on sports that literally have never even played at the high school or middle school level. Especially in football...but eh. Thats what we are now.

Just me I guess.
I just use espn for the sweet streaming content, so I'll take your word for it.

I just don't think this list is that far off. The ACC is pretty stacked, especially that D.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/99573/2017-preseason-espn-com-all-acc-team

Are we better than having only one ALL ACC performer? Is this just par for the course for GT football players? What other Jacket should be on the team?

Pretty much spot on. ALL ACC is a rougher neighborhood than it used to be. Besides as others have pointed out we don't have the stats that other offenses generate for their star players on offense. Defense? I am afraid its just a talent situation for the most part. After all, in their power rankings we are what? 7th just ahead of Pitt. If we want respect, we will have to earn it by beating Miami, Virginia Tech, and UNC for starters. Our record the last three or four years against those three has not been stellar.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
And espn just gave one team, so who's the clueless one again?

I guess me. I refuse to click espn. My bad. The place is a ish-show

but u got me u win. Although i would challenge the again piece. I usually pretty spot on LOL ignore buttons work man ;)