One of my pet peeves - season ticket holders selling seats to opposing fans ( like this week)

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
Normally when we play someone like UGA or Clemson several of our season ticket holders sell their tickets to stubhub or to the opposing fans. For some reason my seats seems to be in the areas sold. I moved to 105 moving away from the guy in back of us who made a “business decision” based on what he sold for.
Hopefully several of those people did not buy tickets this year. Clemson fans are crazy , particularly this year. Would be nice not to have BDS look like Death Valley.
GO JACKETS!

Nixon_Corral

Georgia Tech Fan
Last year I had a guy give me tickets at the Tech vs. Athens team game for nothing while Athens fans all around me were trying to buy them. That's the attitude we all need.
That's pretty much what I do whenever I can't make it to a game. I make sure to get my ticket into the hands of a Tech fan, usually for free. I've only resold my tickets once via StubHub, and while the extra cash was nice, I hated not knowing if I was putting an opposing fan in the stands. Damn sure would never do it for a rivalry game.

I'm worried about this weekend too. I've been going to our games, but I do take COVID seriously and have my mask on at all times because I have some related health concerns. Specifically moved from lower bowl to nosebleeds this season so I could sit extra far from other people, which has worked out fairly well so far. I worry that despite that, I may still be surrounded (relatively speaking) by rowdy Clemson fans who will get in my face if they do well (which, unfortunately, is quite likely). A Louisville fan was actually seated near me during Friday's game, but he was very respectful, pleasant, and wore his mask the whole game. I'm afraid I just don't expect Clemson fans to do the same.

To be clear, I can handle rowdy opposing fans no problem under ordinary circumstances. Hell, I've been to every meeting of COFH (home and away) since I started at Tech no problem. I just will have very little patience for trash talk or yelling in my face at a time like this.

All this is to echo what OP said. Every Tech fan in the stands is one more person every other Tech fan won't have to worry about harassing them during the game. And just as importantly, one more fan to support our team on the field (and stay quiet when they're on offense!).

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Unpopular opinion: I don't mind this. The ST holder supported tech with the original ticket purchase (which is money we badly need). 'Their' fans will still buy refreshments which is more $$ for Tech (especially now that we're selling beer). And a stadium full of fans looks better than a half empty stadium, even if they're wearing opposing colors (not relevant this year, though).

'Yeah, but what will recruits think if the other team is packing our house??' - That we play in big time games against top level competition that people want to watch.

There's an easy fix: Win. Teams that win grow and excite their fanbases and fill their stadiums. Don't blame the casual fans for not being interested in watching 3-9.

Deleted member 2897

That's pretty much what I do whenever I can't make it to a game. I make sure to get my ticket into the hands of a Tech fan, usually for free. I've only resold my tickets once via StubHub, and while the extra cash was nice, I hated not knowing if I was putting an opposing fan in the stands. Damn sure would never do it for a rivalry game.

I'm worried about this weekend too. I've been going to our games, but I do take COVID seriously and have my mask on at all times because I have some related health concerns. Specifically moved from lower bowl to nosebleeds this season so I could sit extra far from other people, which has worked out fairly well so far. I worry that despite that, I may still be surrounded (relatively speaking) by rowdy Clemson fans who will get in my face if they do well (which, unfortunately, is quite likely). A Louisville fan was actually seated near me during Friday's game, but he was very respectful, pleasant, and wore his mask the whole game. I'm afraid I just don't expect Clemson fans to do the same.

To be clear, I can handle rowdy opposing fans no problem under ordinary circumstances. Hell, I've been to every meeting of COFH (home and away) since I started at Tech no problem. I just will have very little patience for trash talk or yelling in my face at a time like this.

All this is to echo what OP said. Every Tech fan in the stands is one more person every other Tech fan won't have to worry about harassing them during the game. And just as importantly, one more fan to support our team on the field (and stay quiet when they're on offense!).

Have you seen Clemson home games and their stadium seating configuration? They are unable to transmit COVID vertically, so just sit immediately in front or behind them and you’re safe.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Have you seen Clemson home games and their stadium seating configuration? They are unable to transmit COVID vertically, so just sit immediately in front or behind them and you’re safe.
Yeah I noticed that the first week. Rather than staggering the seats they spaced them out horizontally but sold the same seats in each row so vertically they are on top of each other. Pretty sure they skip every other row to give some spacing but it is not much and the people behind are likely screaming and projecting directly onto the people in front of them.

Pretty sure ugag was similar except they pack it in even closer.

Deleted member 2897

YUP! SUPER STEEP.

They're all in columns
Yeah I noticed that the first week. Rather than staggering the seats they spaced them out horizontally but sold the same seats in each row so vertically they are on top of each other. Pretty sure they skip every other row to give some spacing but it is not much and the people behind are likely screaming and projecting directly onto the people in front of them.

Pretty sure ugag was similar except they pack it in even closer.

Yep. If Clemson was interested in science, they’d skip at least 2 rows vertically because of what you describe and then stagger seats horizontally differently.