? On tickets sales

falconholic26

Banned
Just looked on stubhub and there are tons of tickets on there for sale for every game and seems more for the Notre Damn game and the Clemson game. Just wondering since tickets are only being sold to season tickets holders are they selling them or is this a scam by stubhub?

Just looked on stubhub and there are tons of tickets on there for sale for every game and seems more for the Notre Damn game and the Clemson game. Just wondering since tickets are only being sold to season tickets holders are they selling them or is this a scam by stubhub?
I would say that one should be very careful there. I was told by a ticket office person, and it says this in the original email from Tech as well, that once a ticket has been transferred, it can not be transferred again. I'm not sure how Stubhub can get around this.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I would say that one should be very careful there. I was told by a ticket office person, and it says this in the original email from Tech as well, that once a ticket has been transferred, it can not be transferred again. I'm not sure how Stubhub can get around this.
Guys, I don’t believe that’s true. We can sell directly to stubhub right from inside our own GT accounts every year. We (like a lot of schools) are partnered with stubhub. It’s been like this for a bit now, and the option is still there this year.

671C2AA9-11BC-458B-9F75-701117A40274.jpeg

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
I thought the same thing buying tickets for the fsu game but it’s just the school selling left over tickets or fans selling their own seats, I got a email today saying season ticket holders will be able to purchase extra tickets in blocks of 2 and a maximum of 6 total for each game at $45 per ticket. Yes, that includes notre damn and Clemson for $45 each, that’s cheaper then what I paid per seat per game for my tickets and I’m in the upper level

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I thought the same thing buying tickets for the fsu game but it’s just the school selling left over tickets or fans selling their own seats, I got a email today saying season ticket holders will be able to purchase extra tickets in blocks of 2 and a maximum of 6 total for each game at $45 per ticket. Yes, that includes notre damn and Clemson for $45 each, that’s cheaper then what I paid per seat per game for my tickets and I’m in the upper level
Yup... doesn't that piss you off? Lol

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
I think that single game tickets is only to season ticket holders only or maybe just at first.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Remember, that email says STARTING at $45. Our games typically have varying prices depending on the opponent. When I prepaid for 2 extra/add on tickets to the ND game way earlier in the year, the ND (and Clemson) single game tickets were approx $100 each, with the lower tier opponents much less. I’d expect to see the same thing tomorrow when the extras go live. The low demand opponents having seats available for $45, with the bigger games (ND, Clemson) being closer to (or over now) $100 a seat. Same thing happened with UGA tickets last year. My add ons were $100 each, while the NC States, USFs, etc could get as low as $25 (or lower).

herb

Helluva Engineer
Remember, that email says STARTING at $45. Our games typically have varying prices depending on the opponent. When I prepaid for 2 extra/add on tickets to the ND game way earlier in the year, the ND (and Clemson) single game tickets were approx $100 each, with the lower tier opponents much less. I’d expect to see the same thing tomorrow when the extras go live. The low demand opponents having seats available for $45, with the bigger games (ND, Clemson) being closer to (or over now) $100 a seat. Same thing happened with UGA tickets last year. My add ons were $100 each, while the NC States, USFs, etc could get as low as $25 (or lower).

yep, we bought in our ticket group 8 more for Notre Dame yesterday at $95 each, Clemson was same price but fewer seats available

Guys, I don’t believe that’s true. We can sell directly to stubhub right from inside our own GT accounts every year. We (like a lot of schools) are partnered with stubhub. It’s been like this for a bit now, and the option is still there this year.

View attachment 9019
Interesting. The ticket office told me, and, as I explained in the other thread, apparently individuals cannot make a second transfer of the tickets.. I guess this means that they gave Stubhub an out on this. I won't be selling mine, so I won't know whether it works or not.

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
Might be that some folks bought the tix thinking 'rona would be under control by now, and are selling now cause it's now

View attachment 9019
This may piss some people off, but frankly, I wish Tech would get rid of that stubhub option. Not having it might prevent the stadium from being filled with opposing fans for the Georgia game, and some others as well with large traveling fan bases.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
This may piss some people off, but frankly, I wish Tech would get rid of that stubhub option. Not having it might prevent the stadium from being filled with opposing fans for the Georgia game, and some others as well with large traveling fan bases.
I think it depends. I feel you should be limited in what you can do. I think season tix should not be allowed to be sold through them. Make it difficult. I think if you want to buy more tickets like being offered today, then have at it. Buy and sell as much as you want. If you take the risk of trying to flip them, then so be it. But season tix should be GT only. I'm fine with requiring ID to enter with season tix🤣😂

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Off topic a bit, but I don’t think that ever happens. The tickets have to be sold somehow. If we (as a fan base) aren’t buying up enough tickets to fill our stadium, then they have to go somewhere, at least as far as the GTAA is concerned. They (GTAA) are in the business of selling tickets/filling the arenas by whatever means necessary. If we took that option away from season ticket holders, you may very well lose more season ticket buyers. That stubhub option is even in place at a lot of higher demand programs, so it’s pretty established.

Off topic a bit, but I don’t think that ever happens. The tickets have to be sold somehow. If we (as a fan base) aren’t buying up enough tickets to fill our stadium, then they have to go somewhere, at least as far as the GTAA is concerned. They (GTAA) are in the business of selling tickets/filling the arenas by whatever means necessary. If we took that option away from season ticket holders, you may very well lose more season ticket buyers. That stubhub option is even in place at a lot of higher demand programs, so it’s pretty established.
I don't disagree with what you are saying, but I still don't like it. Even back before the days of stubhub, Tech ST holders sold their tickets to mutt fans, although not to the degree they do today. It is and always has been sickening to me that any ST holder would do that.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I don't disagree with what you are saying, but I still don't like it. Even back before the days of stubhub, Tech ST holders sold their tickets to mutt fans, although not to the degree they do today. It is and always has been sickening to me that any ST holder would do that.
I think we will find a lot of our season ticket holders are Mutt fans. :/

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Honestly...money talks. You know that very well with Augusta National tickets. To those who are passionate about golf, and the hallowed grounds that is Augusta National, there are countless people around the world (waaaay more than there are GT fans) that would never ever sell annual badges if they were lucky enough to be on that sacred list of those receiving them every year. Augusta National tickets are typically considered to be among the rarest and hardest to get tickets of any sporting event. And people on that list are encouraged by the money so much that they risk getting permanently banned from Augusta National if they are ever caught selling those tickets. Yet they sell year after year. Because of money. Granted, there are only 1, maybe 2 games a year that GT fans can sell their tickets and gain a reasonable profit, but the point is the same. And if we do get better and climb toward the ranks of the elite teams somehow, that resale behavior will only get worse.

Honestly...money talks. You know that very well with Augusta National tickets. To those who are passionate about golf, and the hallowed grounds that is Augusta National, there are countless people around the world (waaaay more than there are GT fans) that would never ever sell annual badges if they were lucky enough to be on that sacred list of those receiving them every year. Augusta National tickets are typically considered to be among the rarest and hardest to get tickets of any sporting event. And people on that list are encouraged by the money so much that they risk getting permanently banned from Augusta National if they are ever caught selling those tickets. Yet they sell year after year. Because of money. Granted, there are only 1, maybe 2 games a year that GT fans can sell their tickets and gain a reasonable profit, but the point is the same. And if we do get better and climb toward the ranks of the elite teams somehow, that resale behavior will only get worse.
The difference for me is that I don't love the Masters, although I always enjoyed going and still enjoy watching it on the tube, but I LOVE my Ga Tech Yellow Jackets. :buzz::buzz::buzz:

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
The difference for me is that I don't love the Masters, although I always enjoyed going and still enjoy watching it on the tube, but I LOVE my Ga Tech Yellow Jackets. :buzz::buzz::buzz:
Lol. And that’s what I’m saying. It’s about perspective. Just as you are a very, very lucky person to hold Augusta National yearly badges (seriously...what other sporting event can you pay face value of $325 per ticket for attendance the whole week, and sell for $9000 + per ticket, AND get them every year?!) that isn’t that big of a fan, there too are GT season ticket holders that aren’t that interested in coming to every game. And if they can sell 1 or 2 games’ worth of tickets and break even on the season’s cost each year, they will do so. And they still have the option of coming to those games when/if we field a team actually capable of beating Clemson/UGA/etc.