On the job a coupla weeks with no staff named-

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
The OL trans and TE were committed to temple, so I don’t think they are true flips more like carry overs with the coach.

Deleted member 2897

4 flips.

A couple guys didn't pan out:
* Gee - I've read in multiple places he couldn't get a qualifying score for admission, so that's not on Collins.
* Briton Allen - he committed when we had no coach...kind of a bizarre situation, so hard to pin that on Collins. Furthermore, Briton's social media still says he's "2,500%" committed to Georgia Tech. So who knows what that's about.
* Larry Dowdy and Joshua Black haven't signed yet. They only have G5 offers...I don't mean that to be insulting, but that also smells a little weird like there are extraneous circumstances not related to Collins.

So from what I can tell so far, he's brought us a lot of upside (especially when you talk about media attention, etc. etc.) with no downside/transition issues.

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
4 flips.

A couple guys didn't pan out:
* Gee - I've read in multiple places he couldn't get a qualifying score for admission, so that's not on Collins.
* Briton Allen - he committed when we had no coach...kind of a bizarre situation, so hard to pin that on Collins. Furthermore, Briton's social media still says he's "2,500%" committed to Georgia Tech. So who knows what that's about.
* Larry Dowdy and Joshua Black haven't signed yet. They only have G5 offers...I don't mean that to be insulting, but that also smells a little weird like there are extraneous circumstances not related to Collins.

So from what I can tell so far, he's brought us a lot of upside (especially when you talk about media attention, etc. etc.) with no downside/transition issues.
Maybe Briton Allen is committed to being a student at GT;)

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
The foreigner
The TE
Kenan johnson

About to flip griffin

Also, had some attrition (lost Briton, for example), and of course, none of those guys (except Griffin, assuming we get him) is a 4 star. So, I would give him a B probably. He certainly did not do poorly, with such limited time to recruit and hold on to the players we already had verbals from. The "B" is more indicative of "let's wait and see when he has a full year of the recruiting cycle". I am very curious to what his positive energy and "can do" attitude will do for GT recruiting. Glad to see the addition of Darkwa - much needed size/length, can grow into larger DL.

If CPJ was still going to be the coach, I would not give him a higher grade either (probably C), as we still must begin to get more DL and LB talent.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Gee wasn't going to come regardless. Lost Allen in a class full of other DBs. I'll refrain from comment on the other holdouts. Hasn't gotten the splash recruit yet, but since we've discussed the issue of fund$, poaching a Power 5 recruit is generally a tougher task than poaching a Sun Belt school, recruiting ranking aside. I'd give him an A-.