Ole Miss Next Coach

Well, it is Summer and we are waiting. I was thinking that Ole Miss should hire coach Ken N. from Navy. First he is very disciplined and will fix the issues at Ole Miss. Second he should bring CPJs Flex attack to the SEC. Saban would absolutely lose it. He is on record saying he hates it and does not want to play against it.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Twit rumors are he's already angling ...

He's got no shot though. Anyone with any potential NCAA or off-field concerns need not apply.

They'll be looking for a guy like Jim Grobe who babysat Baylor for a while. If they skate major sanctions, look for a guy like Applewhite or Mr. Overrated himself, Chad Morris. JMEO

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
It would be interesting to see what Ken N could do at Ole Miss but I think their fans would not like it and I think he would be not so smart to head down there with the potential NCAA hammer that could come down. After the NCAA decides the penalty maybe depending on what it is. Do you think they would take Jasper Navy's OC and he really is the OC calls the plays and everything.

Foxyg

Jolly Good Fellow
It'll be an obvious retread who has few options or someone you've never heard of. The inherent limitations and roadblocks to success at that program are bad enough without the specter of having to clean up Freeze's mess and the NCAA coming down on them. I just can't see anyone being willing to take that on who has very many other options. They'd be smart to hire someone like Willie Fritz or Nuimatololo, but they won't. My guess is they'll make a run at an Alabama assistant coach or just keep the interim guy there for the foreseeable future.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
I think they should hire Cutcliffe....

What's going to happen is Clemson wins the NC again over Bama, and they'll throw a bunch of money at Venables. Who I don't think will make a very good HC, but is a great DC in the mold of Bud Foster. Or something like that.

Mississippi has a lot of talent instate, but I think they have field discipline issues generally (just what I've seen from their teams). I don't know if they would have success running an O that relies on that.....