OL Speculation 2015

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
2015:
guards- Braun. Starter and will he stay at LG or move over to RG?
Devine. Will he be the predominate other starting guard or will his stamina limit his PT or will his mobility limits be an issue? Not doubt he can move people off the LOS.
Brown. Is he the third guard? Possible starter? More likely to rotate with Devine?
Brigham. Likely backup to Braun?
Whitley. Any significant PT?
Morgan. Likely RS?
Pruit. G or T and likely RS?
O'Reilly. Does he fit anywhere in here?
tackles- Chamberlain. Probable starter at LT.
Joe. Probable starter at RT or first replacement at either T?
Griffin. Could start at RT or first replacement at either T?
Fromayan. Likely bachup at LT?
Stickler. ? Needs some PT experience.
Klock. ? Needs some PT experience.
Preddy. ?
Bryan. May RS. Could play as true freshman and compete with Fromayan, Stickler, and Klock for PT. May move to guard to ultimately replace Mason?

With all the depth at T and with the need for size help at SDE I wonder if Klock or Preddy (both have HS experience at DE) will be looked at to move over to Defense.

I am sure the coaches have a plan and will sort this out. I personally would have to seriously look at Klock at SDE. To me there are a lot of GOOD options as we have size/talent/numbers.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Something similar may have been posted, but I don't see a problem with getting a new perspective... Especially, if the other thread isn't on the front page.

Also, that's a lot of names up there. Really nice to have tons of depth where we need it most on O.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Our two deep will be a quality two deep. Won't be much of a drop-off between 1 & 2's if at all. A lot of youth, but clearly the biggest, most athletic OL CPJ has had. Will miss Shaq, but someone will fill the void because this team has had an ALL ACC performer every year CPJ has been here.

This group will be the foundation of GT for the next 3-4 years.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Regarding Preddy, I watched him in high school and he seemed have lots of ability but poor technique. I thought that he would eventually wind up playing defense but I have no idea how he's progressed at Tech.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Regarding Preddy, I watched him in high school and he seemed have lots of ability but poor technique. I thought that he would eventually wind up playing defense but I have no idea how he's progressed at Tech.

he looked like the least ready by far to contribute anytime soon

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Consensus seems to be that Bryan is top talent so where he plays and whether he RSs is a big decision IMO.

I think it's suffice to say it will simply hinge on Will :) He's got all the tools and, lord knows, he has a just a wee bit of a mean streak! It's going to be tough to crack that 2 deep but I never say never.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'm reminded of what Bobby Ross said to a fan before the 1990 season: "You know how good teams have big strong offensive linemen? Well, I've got a whole lot of 'em."

I remember how Tech looked that year; every OL who came on to the field looked a 6'4", 285 - 295 clone. Seems like we are going in that direction.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We have some interesting combos - could go jumbo or speed across the whole line or one side or alternate along the line. Saw this rotation late in year - highly effective in acc and Orange bowl. Would love to see klock and brown down field head hunting .

Favorite down blocker besides Shaq is Erin joe - he heads in high ( grabs a little to set the defender) then heads in at hips and finishes at knees - defender is so disrupted we get great qb runs.

Favorite trenches besides Shaq and burden is Devine. He makes r o o m when he block . When he down blocks he gets movement that can be counted on.

Love me some big uglies.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
A remember a couple years ago thinking this offensive line should be further along than it is. I am astounded at how far our line play came this year. Let's see it again...

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
A remember a couple years ago thinking this offensive line should be further along than it is. I am astounded at how far our line play came this year. Let's see it again...
Yeah, the OL made strides, but a lot of that is thanks to JT. Having a qb that runs our O lightning fast, attacks the pitch key, makes good reads and is a threat to run or throw for td's does wonders for the OL.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, the OL made strides, but a lot of that is thanks to JT. Having a qb that runs our O lightning fast, attacks the pitch key, makes good reads and is a threat to run or throw for td's does wonders for the OL.
Yessss. If the O is moving faster, you don't have to hold your blocks as long and cut blocks really work because the action is pass the D players before they can get up. Suddenly, remarkably, OL play improves!

Of course, having really good OL athletes does help …

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Yessss. If the O is moving faster, you don't have to hold your blocks as long and cut blocks really work because the action is pass the D players before they can get up. Suddenly, remarkably, OL play improves!

Of course, having really good OL athletes does help …

IMO the best O line play was 3rd Q of UGA game. Burden, Joe, and Mason were alternately mauling the Ga linebackers 5-7 yards downfield. Both Ga linebackers spent lots of plays on the ground on their backs!