Ok we are 3-3 so what concerns you the most ( any thing but the coaches)

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
What concerns me the most is the overall lack of pressure we have gotten on the opposing QB this year. The UNC game is looking more and more like an anomaly than a week-by-week expectation. Out of a 3-3-5, it shouldn't be that hard to disguise a blitz or coverage. There were far too many times that Dook's QB had all day to throw and we all saw what happened with the Pitt debacle. I'm hoping that Keion White can provide a boost in this area after the bye and that the D in general just pins their ears back and flies to the football.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
What concerns me most is the injuries that are decimating various position groups. No blame anywhere. Just that that is what concerns me moving forward for the rest of the season as I think it has the potential to be the most destructive thing towards continued progress.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
My top 5 concerns, in no particular order:
  • LT
  • LG
  • C
  • RG
  • RT
With the talent we have in the backfield, we should be a strong running team. I know the play calling has been...inconsistent...but there has been almost no push up front.
yep, you would think that with a decent pass game it would open up the run game and with a running QB ,it would open up for the running backs even with avg blocking---which obviously not the case -as our 3rd down rate is 112th in US

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Meh - only one of those teams is that scary. The rest could be beat by anyone.
Ah. The question is could Tech beat them. Pe4rsonally, I think most off theta's we have left are either toss-ups - UIVA, da U - or matches we should be down against. But we'll see directly.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Meh - only one of those teams is that scary. The rest could be beat by anyone.
I disagree. We will be underdogs in every game. We have passed through the "easy" part of the schedule. Miami, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Notre Dame, UGA would be a tough row for most teams like Tech, perhaps not for Alabama. I am holding to my preseason projection of 4 wins. We could win 5 though. We will see. I would be very happy to finish with 5 or 6 wins.

jackets55

Jolly Good Fellow
Just perception on my part, but it doesn't look or feel like there is any urgency to playing well, collectively. Maybe some of that is hidden in the locker room or team meetings, but doesn't show during the games. When the message is that winning is not the most important thing, then guess what; it doesn't become the most important thing. Lack of preparation concerns me the most.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I disagree. We will be underdogs in every game. We have passed through the "easy" part of the schedule. Miami, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Notre Dame, UGA would be a tough row for most teams like Tech, perhaps not for Alabama. I am holding to my preseason projection of 4 wins. We could win 5 though. We will see. I would be very happy to finish with 5 or 6 wins.
I also predicted 4 wins and there is less than 50/50 that we will reach that.We will be underdogs in all.
We are VERY lucky to be 3-3 -after viewing the replay with powerful dook .Peje Harris's come from behind tackle after the terrible int saved the game and our season and maybe really even CG's career.Getting less than 3 wins this yr would probably be close to the kiss-of-death for him and us.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Upon review of the Miami board, I think we can beat Miami and possibly BC which would be a reasonable expectation for 5 wins. Miami is, as usual, in absolute chaos with King out and Manny flailing around. Coach Collins is a Saban clone compared to that guy so things could be a whole lot worse.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I also predicted 4 wins and there is less than 50/50 that we will reach that.We will be underdogs in all.
We are VERY lucky to be 3-3 -after viewing the replay with powerful dook .Peje Harris's come from behind tackle after the terrible int saved the game and our season and maybe really even CG's career.Getting less than 3 wins this yr would probably be close to the kiss-of-death for him and us.
Very lucky to be 3-3? Dude. If we were lucky at all we would be 5-1

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
The pass rush has looked pretty bad every game besides UNC. I don't expect the secondary to hold tight coverage for 5+ seconds every play but I do expect the blitz to have hit the quarterback by then. I think if you throw out the UNC game, we have 4 sacks in 5 games. Even the average QBs we play against are just playing routine pitch and catch out there.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Very lucky to be 3-3? Dude. If we were lucky at all we would be 5-1
Disagree. We lost to Northern Illinois, that should never happen, we lost to Clemson which was handicapped by a dysfunctional quarterback, and we lost decisively to Pitt.. We were very fortunate last week that Cut foolishly chose to play it safe and attempt two field goals that were missed and they committed a holding call in the final minutes that was too obvious to ignore. It is possible to end this season, however unlikely, on a long losing streak if we do not get the offensive line issues straightened out. Time for Coach Key to earn his salary.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Disagree. We lost to Northern Illinois, that should never happen, we lost to Clemson which was handicapped by a dysfunctional quarterback, and we lost decisively to Pitt.. We were very fortunate last week that Cut foolishly chose to play it safe and attempt two field goals that were missed and they committed a holding call in the final minutes that was too obvious to ignore. It is possible to end this season, however unlikely, on a long losing streak if we do not get the offensive line issues straightened out. Time for Coach Key to earn his salary.
The NIU game, our starting QB played probably the worst game of his life, we missed 3 field goals, and a controversial call on their 2 point conversion decided the game. With a little luck, we win that game

The Clemson game we had multiple chances inside the 10 to score touchdowns, we didn’t. With a little luck we win that game.

If we were lucky that would put us at 5-1. Not sure what there is to disagree with there?

slugboy

Staff member
The NIU game, our starting QB played probably the worst game of his life, we missed 3 field goals, and a controversial call on their 2 point conversion decided the game. With a little luck, we win that game

The Clemson game we had multiple chances inside the 10 to score touchdowns, we didn’t. With a little luck we win that game.

If we were lucky that would put us at 5-1. Not sure what there is to disagree with there?
If some of the Clemson game refs had gotten in their optometrist appointments before the game, we might have been luckier and gotten decent spots, and won