Ok lets see who is honest.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The closest come from behind i remember was 2014 in Athens when we were behind by 3 and less than a minute in the game. JT made a long run and got out of bounds to stop the clock. Butker kicked about a 52 yard FG to tie and we won in OT. I don't remember if it was as little as 26 seconds though. Best part was doing it in front of their fans.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
I had just hung up my jersey when the fumble happened. Game was still on but I was mentally checked out, especially after leaving early for the first time ever last week (before the end of the 3rd quarter I'm ashamed to say). My jersey was back on and I woke my wife screaming "Georgia Tech just won the game" when Leary crossed the goal line.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Speaking of refs, anybody see a horse collar tackle earlier in the first half that didn’t get called? It jumped out at me because Tech got called for that last week and what the Miami player did looked far more egregious to me.
If it's the play I'm thinking of I thought the same thing at first but he actually got him around the front shoulder and whipped him around.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If it's the play I'm thinking of I thought the same thing at first but he actually got him around the front shoulder and whipped him around.
I’m less and less clear about the rule (I need to look it up) because it used to be if you grabbed inside the shoulder pads, especially the neck area, but Tech got called for it when a player grabbed the back of the jersey in the collar area. The play in question in the Miami game it sure looked like he grabbed in the shoulder pad area. The Tech player’s body trajectory changed abruptly and he went down fast which usually happens with either a face mask or horse collar.

But you’re probably right.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Who here turned the game off before the end of the game?

I have to say I turned off the TV right before the play Miami fumble. next thing I know I'm getting a load of texts. not sure at my age I would have lived to watch it. Could not get to sleep till 3:30. So happy for the players and coaches.
I watched the first half and went to bed not wanting to watch a potential 2nd half defensive exhaustion collapse. I taped it but Uverse time slot for the game wasn't enough to see the end. I hope to see rerun this week.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
My wife GTRamblerLady and I watched the entire game from the start to the end.

We both yelled out OMG!! two times:

1. When the fumble occurred and Tech recovered.

and

2. When our Jackets scored the winning touchdown.

Then GTRamblerLady asked me why didn’t we kick the extra point. I replied well, maybe Coach Key decided not to kick the point because he didn’t want Miami to block the kick and run it back.

Then we both looked at each other — in bewiderment — when our kickoff kicker made a short, wobbling and bouncing squid kick that went only about 15 or 18 yards before rolling out of bounds.

I thought oh no! he should have kicked it further down the field. I got confused and wasn’t sure …

Then we watched Miami try all of those laterals and backward throws trying to get the ball through our team’s defense on their final play from scrimmage with 2 seconds left on the clock. It seemed to take forever … until our boys finally snuffed it out.

We both then went to bed. We both slept happily well.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I agree. First thought was shoulder pads but after replay I agree that it wasn't the horse collar

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
I’m less and less clear about the rule (I need to look it up) because it used to be if you grabbed inside the shoulder pads, especially the neck area, but Tech got called for it when a player grabbed the back of the jersey in the collar area. The play in question in the Miami game it sure looked like he grabbed in the shoulder pad area. The Tech player’s body trajectory changed abruptly and he went down fast which usually happens with either a face mask or horse collar.

I don't recall the play in question, but by rule, if you grab either the back or side of the shoulder pad from the inside, it's a foul. The rule was updated a few years ago to also extend to grabbing the jersey in the nameplate area (upper back). The latter is what our guy (Kennard?) was called for.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I watched the first half and went to bed not wanting to watch a potential 2nd half defensive exhaustion collapse. I taped it but Uverse time slot for the game wasn't enough to see the end. I hope to see rerun this week.
Too bad 😊
Watching the winning touchdown in real time with 1 second left on the clock was one of the most exciting moments I’ve ever had watching football.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
My wife GTRamblerLady and I watched the entire game from the start to the end.

We both yelled out OMG!! two times:

1. When the fumble occurred and Tech recovered.

and

2. When our Jackets scored the winning touchdown.

Then GTRamblerLady asked me why didn’t we kick the extra point. I replied well, maybe Coach Key decided not to kick the point because he didn’t want Miami to block the kick and run it back.

Then we both looked at each other — in bewiderment — when our kickoff kicker made a short, wobbling and bouncing squid kick that went only about 15 or 18 yards before rolling out of bounds.

I thought oh no! he should have kicked it further down the field. I got confused and wasn’t sure …

Then we watched Miami try all of those laterals and backward throws trying to get the ball through our team’s defense on their final play from scrimmage with 2 seconds left on the clock. It seemed to take forever … until our boys finally snuffed it out.

We both then went to bed. We both slept happily well.
The only problem was that it took me hours to fall asleep.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
After doing the quick :40 x 2= 1:20, and looking to see the clock read 1:18 after the 2nd down play, my Miami fan amigo and I made our way out of the stadium. Heard the “fumble” rumblings, stopped to check the screen in the concession area, thought he looked down, kept walking. About 30 seconds after exiting the confines of lovely Hard Rock Stadium, a kid said, “We Lost..”. I thought he was just some punk trying to get a rise out of people. My friend opened up ESPN, and wouldn’t talk to me for the rest of the evening.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Too bad 😊
Watching the winning touchdown in real time with 1 second left on the clock was one of the most exciting moments I’ve ever had watching football.
I'm kicking myself this morning but just didn't want to watch. I can't believe what BG did to me. Maybe those loers in Miami helped restore some it.

I woke up about 5am Sunday and looked at my phone. I couldn't believe it. I even missed my daughter in chicago's call at 11:30. She and I have great memories watching GT games and I sorry I missed that call. :-(

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck

A horse collar is when they grab inside the back of the shoulder pads to bring a player down. You are correct that when Tech got called for it our player grabbed the jersey and not the pads, which is not a horse collar penalty. However, the ref saw the player getting pulled back and just assumed it was a horse collar so they threw an incorrect penalty flag. The problem is these plays aren't reviewable so they couldn't change anything based on a replay.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I turned it off when the 'Canes got a first down and we had no timeouts. I went to bed, tired of the Braves and feeling like the Jackets did better than I expected. After all, what are the odds of a fumble that late in the game? (that thought actually crossed my mind).

You can appropriate my surprise when I sat down with my coffee in the morning and checked headlines. Not since '16 when I went to bed sure that Hillary was going to be the next President have I been so shocked.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
A horse collar is when they grab inside the back of the shoulder pads to bring a player down. You are correct that when Tech got called for it our player grabbed the jersey and not the pads, which is not a horse collar penalty. However, the ref saw the player getting pulled back and just assumed it was a horse collar so they threw an incorrect penalty flag. The problem is these plays aren't reviewable so they couldn't change anything based on a replay.
Didn't the rule change in 2017 to where you can't grab the jersey?