Ok lets see who is honest.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
We lost our Internet yesterday afternoon, so watching the game was out of the question. I was able to stream audio over my phone, and fortunately I stayed with it for the whole game. I suspect that if I’d been watching, I would have turned it off, pulled out my contacts and put in my eye drops, and gone to bed.

Since it was just audio, I shrugged off the itchy eye sockets and listened to the whole thing, sitting on the couch with closed eyes.

We got the fumble, and I shouted downstairs to my wife. A couple minutes later, we got the TD and I screamed down to her, “Holy F! We just won the game!”

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Unless you live in south Georgia and have live oaks in your yard. They produce more leaves than any other tree I can think of and they shed them about 3 times a year. Hate them almost as much as UGA.
Just moved back to South Georgia and had forgotten how hard those leaves are to rake. They don’t move. And if your grass is decent you can’t blow them either because they wedge down in the grass. I swear I can’t remember how I got rid of them before. For the first time in my life I’ve hired a yard service and it is worth it. I was tired of getting frustrated trying to get those devilish little things up.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Question, were there many Tech fans at the game. When we scored the last TD, it sounded like there was some cheering for Tech.
We had Sections 125 and 126 in the corner endzone across from Leary’s catch. Maybe 500-1,000 of us there. I screamed out “he’s got him!” when I saw Leary open after the ball left Haynes’ hand. Then nothing but hugs and high fives for the rest of the evening.

Hoss

Georgia Tech Fan
I got up and left the room was going to head to bed got my glass of tea before bed and heard my wife holla so I ran back in

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
I went to bed,,,, about midnight , I got a text from my son in Lahaina, Maui,, (yes, that burned up town!) I returned his call & found out the Jackets won! I told him that he was kidding!!
He sent me the ending YouTube & I was awake for quite a while!!
GO JACKETS!!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I’m not judging, trust me, but I’m really shocked how many of you gave up. I certainly did my share of giving up on games with TFG but that was truly a no hope kind of situation. Every other Tech team I’ve hung in there unless we are down big with no prospect of coming back.

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
Watched it all, in fact had to text a friend “ITS NOT OVER” to stop them from sending me more of the usual stream of pessimism and negativity. You know, like what’s posted on this forum all the time.
Gotta love engineers.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m not judging, trust me, but I’m really shocked how many of you gave up. I certainly did my share of giving up on games with TFG but that was truly a no hope kind of situation. Every other Tech team I’ve hung in there unless we are down big with no prospect of coming back.
I watched it to the end and very rarely turn any games off before they are over. However, I'm honestly not shocked about anyone turning it
off when we took the last timeout with 1:18 left. It was late at night and everyone knew Miami was just going to take a knee twice to end it. I know that sounds like I am making fun of Mario and rubbing it in but I am not trying to.

Okay maybe I am also rubbing it in a little

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I was at a wedding last night, didnt want to check or know the score because I feared it would be bad. I finally checked the score around 10:50ish and saw we were up 17-10 early in the 4th, got excited but reassured myself we would probably give the game away and end up losing. Went to sleep. Woke up at 6am, remembered that we were winning right before I fell asleep and nervously checked the final score...and proceeded to wake my wife up yelling "Holy Crap we won!" She was happy, but decidedly less enthusiastic about it and more interested in going back to sleep.

I've watched the first half of the first quarter so far, and the final minute, but plan to finish the game tonight.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
You are saying in so many words that Tech football induces more cardiac arrests than cigarettes and drinking combined?
A GT Fan's average stress level is like being married to a high maintenance woman, who's your boss, and is 8-1/2 months pregnant and out of her favorite ice cream, the wifi just crapped out, you don't have good cell coverage and your car won't start. Your bitchy mother-in-law's under thumb awaiting the arrival of her grandkid reminding you that you shouldn't have moved to the mountains, you should have gone to fiber and ditched the dish, replaced your router and bought a new car. Oh yeah, the toilet's running constantly and the shower's not hot enough.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I had turned it off my main TV in the living room when they got the last first down. I went to bed after having….many..drinks, I pulled up my phone to see what people were saying post game and it showed us having the ball. I pulled the game back up on my phone and watched the replay of the fumble and our drive. I told my wife who was half asleep, you won’t believe what just happened in this game as she was out in the living room with me earlier when I was cursing and livid about the play calling after the pick. I sat in shock for a good 5 mins after Leary scored that TD.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The only thing that gave me any dim glimmer of a hope was that they kept running the ball. I was still hopeful of a fumble, but the hope was so faint and distant it hardly registered.
It's like you "hope" to win the Powerball, but you know it will never actually happen. The odds in Miami were better, but still maybe one in a thousand.
I was a lot busier preparing myself for the loss than hoping for a miracle. Oh me, of little faith.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
I did watch the game from beginning to end.

My recollection was that the defense needed to be stripping the ball during the last drive. But the backs seemed to be getting the yards and going down. Not trying to hold 'em up and stripping.

This is one of the the top come from behind victories I can remember.

It seemed Tech got the calls from the officials they usually don't. Mystery holding calls against Miami. block out of bounds, calls like that.

Amazing, just amazing.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
I definitely assumed it was over, though I didn’t turn it off. Was annoyed we couldn’t stop them on third down. Thought Miami was being dumb not kneeling but what were the odds?

After the fumble I assumed we’d get a FG at first but then realized we were way further into GT territory than I’d thought, so didn’t like the chances until it happened.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
This one most reminds me of the Clemson late snap to kicker dribble/fumble and Calvin catch for the win. Both were a last minute almost impossible situation for a GT win but it happens anyway. This one could not happen to a nicer bunch of people :)

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I did watch the game from beginning to end.

My recollection was that the defense needed to be stripping the ball during the last drive. But the backs seemed to be getting the yards and going down. Not trying to hold 'em up and stripping.

This is one of the the top come from behind victories I can remember.

It seemed Tech got the calls from the officials they usually don't. Mystery holding calls against Miami. block out of bounds, calls like that.

Amazing, just amazing.
Speaking of refs, anybody see a horse collar tackle earlier in the first half that didn’t get called? It jumped out at me because Tech got called for that last week and what the Miami player did looked far more egregious to me.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Who here turned the game off before the end of the game?

I have to say I turned off the TV right before the play Miami fumble. next thing I know I'm getting a load of texts. not sure at my age I would have lived to watch it. Could not get to sleep till 3:30. So happy for the players and coaches.
For some reason I stayed until the end this time. I usually hate to see us lose so I turn off the games if we appear to be losing. I stayed up and watched the ACC Post-game too. Great to listen to Leary, King and Key get interviewed. Anyone know if they flew back late or spent the night in Miami.