Ok lets see who is honest.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I thought about turning it off, & honestly I had tuned out & was perusing Twitter at the time of the fumble. When I saw 26 seconds & 76 yards, I tuned out again, but I did refocus when we made the first completion. A few seconds later, all I could think was “only Georgia Tech does stuff like this.” And, I yelled at the wife who had left the room, “you gotta see this; we won!”

yellajacket20

Georgia Tech Fan
I had it on my phone as I was in the kids' room trying to get the to sleep. I thought we would have a shot, but we were giving up 5-6 yards per rush.

I watched the fumble and figured it would get overturned. I didn't have any faith that we would move the ball with such little time. But after the completion to Rutherford, I had a little hope that we could get into FG range. Didn't need it!!

GTNC72

Georgia Tech Fan
Who here turned the game off before the end of the game?

I have to say I turned off the TV right before the play Miami fumble. next thing I know I'm getting a load of texts. not sure at my age I would have lived to watch it. Could not get to sleep till 3:30. So happy for the players and coaches.
I was tuned in. Screamed "HOLY SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" - stayed online reading Swarm and 'cane's sight for several hours

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I did not turn it off and am in trouble today for waking everyone in my household up by yelling ‘party like it’s 2005’. I learned my lesson in 2014 after leaving the room to sulk after the dwags scored what looked like the game winning TD late 4th quarter. I re-emerged to see Butker’s kick to send it to OT.

After that day I vowed to not do that again. I have only broken that rule during some of the clown games when we were getting blown away.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I did not turn it off and am in trouble today for waking everyone in my household up by yelling ‘party like it’s 2005’. I learned my lesson in 2014 after leaving the room to sulk after the dwags scored what looked like the game winning TD late 4th quarter. I re-emerged to see Butker’s kick to send it to OT.

After that day I vowed to not do that again. I have only broken that rule during some of the clown games when we were getting blown away.
Yeah, me too.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I watched the whole thing and after our drive to answer da U's TD in the second half I thought we had a good chance to win. The players gave a great effort, especially on D. Then the colossal, incomprehensible, remarkably dumb errors by Christobal gave us the ball again and two plays later, we score and win the game! That game showed real guts by Tech and should form the rest of our season. On to more victories!

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Went to bed at halftime feeling good about the improved defense and the 3-0 score.

Woke up later and checked my phone at 14-10. Went back to sleep with a moral victory assured regardless of final outcome.

Woke up even later and saw the final. Watched the touchdown highlight, read the game summary and went back to sleep.

(I don't own a television, so it's YouTube on my iPhone for me.)

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I was hosting some friends for the Braves/GT/College FB games. TBH, the only reason the TVs were still on was because I was putting food away and cleaning up a little. Someone yelled "Fumble!" and I was like "What?!!". My next thought was, "Please give King some time, and use some rollouts so he at least has a chance to extend the play." I don't think the TD pass was a designed rollout, but he did roll out to the field side and tossed a great pass to Leary over the defenders and in stride.

When the refs said the were reviewing the TD, I yelled at the TV. "LEARY!!! Why the EFF are you even attempting that slide when there was no one within 5-10 yards of you?!! Get over that line and do what you want afterwards..." It would have been the most GT thing to have the game winning TD called back because the "runner gave himself up" at the spot and the TD was called back.

Luckily, TD stood and GT is win closer to bowling.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Two weekends in a row I’ve missed the game because of packing and moving. Last week, I said, “Well as tiring as this is, at least I didn’t have to watch the Jackets get blown out by Bowling Green.” Yesterday, I was checking on ESPN gamecast between moving boxes. I’m just glad we won. I had said while the game was going that I already had too much stress in my life to let football be a priority. Now I’m really happy that I get to go on vacation and catch the next game at Bobby Dodd!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I did not turn it off. Watched it all. My reasoning was that I expected Tech to lose from the beginning and I wanted to just see how hard Tech played and how they carried themselves. Was prepared to have Miami take a knee and then watch our players hold their heads high at the end of the game. When Miami ran the ball my first reaction was anger at their arrogance. When I saw our players swarming the runner I thought “good for them for still fighting.” When the ball came out I said “holy $h!t!” My wife was downstairs asleep (our TV room is upstairs) and I was trying to yell without making any sound 😜

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I stayed until the Horse was played at the end of the BG game. Never left a game early and I don't turn them off even when we've gotten embarrassed or humiliated. Seen multiple miraculous comeback wins- this game, Miracle at Techwood, Jaspar Thanks, Kick and Pick, Calvin at Clemson, etc.

It's easy to watch Bama or teams like that who win almost every week. GT football is a thrilling, maddening, infuriating, exhilarating, mind numbing, frustrating, humbling, stunning, confusing, helluva team to be a fan of.
You are saying in so many words that Tech football induces more cardiac arrests than cigarettes and drinking combined?