Ok lets see who is honest.

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
Normally I'd be one of the ones to turn it off and go to bed early, but my younger son came downstairs when it was 17-17 and we watched the rest of the game together, so great bonding experience!. I actually had my hand over my eyes for that last throw but my son started yelling and I looked in time to see the catch and the touchdown. In real time, I thought it was obvious he didn't slide until he crossed the line, but it looked much closer on replay. (You know, every time I watch a replay of miracle on techwood, I'm terrified that Lance Austin drops the ball before he crosses the line.). Son and I scratched our heads for some of the decisions on the PAT and kickoff. Held our breath through 50 Miami laterals. Took over an hour for my heart to slow down enough to go to bed! What a crazy ending!

Haynes King has the "put the team on his back" will to win that I don't think I've seen since Justin Thomas.

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
Great win for you guys. Was watching the other games scroll at our game getting totally demolished by a very good Michigan squad and knew you were in it. Got to hear the end of your game in the car on national radio and it added a bright spot to an otherwise dismal evening.

Enjoy it and let the naysayers blame the U's coaches for not taking the knee. Football has numerous decisions behind every play. Key is your Coaches and team exploited the error, forced the fumble, and executed for the win. Sweet. "Ski U Mah!" for you guys which translated means "Go Tech!" Billd.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I didn't turn the game off, but I did turn off any hope of winning. I mean, all they had to do was take a knee. The game was in the bag, and they let it out.
Son and I were talking lamenting the impending loss. I said "they look like they're gonna run plays. maybe they'll do somthing stupid". Son said "even Miami's not that dumb. 3 knees with some dancing around for 3-4 secs per play and they're good".

Then just like that, they did the unbelievable!

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Who here turned the game off before the end of the game?

I have to say I turned off the TV right before the play Miami fumble. next thing I know I'm getting a load of texts. not sure at my age I would have lived to watch it. Could not get to sleep till 3:30. So happy for the players and coaches.
Didn't turn it off but I was half asleep with the game on my phone and a Bluetooth headphone in..... was about to fall asleep when the fumble happened.. Got so pumped with the ending that I couldn't go to sleep for several more hours. Now my daughter is napping and I am daydreaming about doing the same but yard work is calling my name

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Didn't turn it off but I was half asleep with the game on my phone and a Bluetooth headphone in..... was about to fall asleep when the fumble happened.. Got so pumped with the ending that I couldn't go to sleep for several more hours. Now my daughter is napping and I am daydreaming about doing the same but yard work is calling my name
If you're like me, a win like that puts a little spring in your leaf raking.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck

I have to say I turned off the TV right before the play Miami fumble. next thing I know I'm getting a load of texts. not sure at my age I would have lived to watch it. Could not get to sleep till 3:30. So happy for the players and coaches.
I kept it on, although in all honesty I wanted to turn it off. I was watching with my 17-year-old son, and because he was with me I wanted to milk a few more minute out of my time with him. Really, really glad I did.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I had been watching on delay and was about 5 min or so still behind at the end so I was jumping forward in between plays to help speed it up. I didn't even really notice the time was to the point they could have knelt so that's what kept me watching. I went back this morning and watched the end. Honestly when we took that last timeout with 1:18 on the clock I very well might have turned it off if I was watching it live cause they had 2 downs that could run 1:20 off the clock. I would have just assumed no coach would EVER not just take a knee at that point 😂

GTJake

Helluva Engineer

I turned it off after we used our last time out and they made the first down. My wife was asleep on the couch, I went to bed and didn't wake her. Then I heard a scream from the living room, my oldest daughter didn't turn it off and texted my wife. Luckily, I had it on tape and yes I re-watched it about a zillion times, not sure what time I went to bed, but I'm very pleasantly tired today ...

slugboy

Staff member
I went to bed when we were still leading by 4. It was late, and I thought we’d play out a great game. I trusted that they were going to play out the last quarter the way they’d played the first three.

I had no idea what I was missing.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
I turned it off after our last time out when it had become obvious we couldn’t stop them from getting first downs. A few minutes later I was checking scores on ESPN – and I was like WTH happened? Had to go back to DVR and watch the ending. Oddly, I usually watch our games to the bitter end, but TFG cured me of that habit.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I was unable to watch so I followed on Gamecast and in the chat. Also a friend at the game was texting me.

GTwreck

Georgia Tech Fan
I saw the whole thing!
When they intercepted that pass, I thought they had it in the bag.
Wondered why they were in the shotgun and not taking a knee. I was afraid the refs would overturn the fumble (even though there wasn't enough evidence).
When I saw the ball coming down to Leary, my heart leapt into my throat.
Even their last play seemed to last forever.

What a win.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
. I need therapy
kevin hart hello GIF by Kevin Hart's Laugh Out Loud