Ok lets see who is honest.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Who here turned the game off before the end of the game?

I have to say I turned off the TV right before the play Miami fumble. next thing I know I'm getting a load of texts. not sure at my age I would have lived to watch it. Could not get to sleep till 3:30. So happy for the players and coaches.
I was traveling all yesterday, so ESPN game cast and the chat on here were my only outlet. Most of y'all convinced me the game was over haha

GT33

Helluva Engineer

I have to say I turned off the TV right before the play Miami fumble. next thing I know I'm getting a load of texts. not sure at my age I would have lived to watch it. Could not get to sleep till 3:30. So happy for the players and coaches.
I stayed until the Horse was played at the end of the BG game. Never left a game early and I don't turn them off even when we've gotten embarrassed or humiliated. Seen multiple miraculous comeback wins- this game, Miracle at Techwood, Jaspar Thanks, Kick and Pick, Calvin at Clemson, etc.

It's easy to watch Bama or teams like that who win almost every week. GT football is a thrilling, maddening, infuriating, exhilarating, mind numbing, frustrating, humbling, stunning, confusing, helluva team to be a fan of.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
@stech81 beat me to this one.

Ain'noway all of us kept watching that drive. I don't even blame us for turning it off right before the fumble. They shoulda kneed it.

Wait ... did I say "us"?

Interested Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

I didn't turn the game off, but I did turn off any hope of winning. I mean, all they had to do was take a knee. The game was in the bag, and they let it out.

Eli

Helluva Engineer

I jumped up so high off the couch I accidentally knocked my work laptop to the ground shattering the screen. This was after a series of texts on the group chat questioning King late in games.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I gave up right after their last first down. Turned on a movie while I continued to finish my last beer in my drunken stupor. Then, looked at my phone about an hour later and saw the score and thought it was a mistake. I immediately turned the game back on at 1:56 mark and then watched joyfully the collapse by da U.

I then ran upstairs to wake up my wife, who gave up earlier than me. Also, did not go to be until after 3:30.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I didn't till the end and then watched some post game on The Huddle.

But I had signed off chat and was brushing my teeth when the "fumble" happened live. Came back to chat and then couldn't sleep that well. Seems GT football does that win or lose. Sigh. Easier to ignore but I can't. I need therapy.
Maybe it is old age or conditioning, but I seem to sleep better after a bad loss than an unexpected win like last night.

fairweatherhater

Georgia Tech Fan
I was helping family friends promote an event and missed the entire 2nd half. Checked my phone after midnight and my jaw hit the floor. Have since then watched the ending about 15 or so times.

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Glad there were others that turned it off after the last Miami first down. Just to painful to watch Miami in a victory formation. Still gobsmacked.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer

I literally was reaching for the remote to turn it off when the fumble happened. You know I just sat there waiting desperately for a fumble. It was the only thing that could save us but we all knew that doesn't ever happen right? We were just gonna watch the clock tick down to nothing.

But I have no idea why I kept the game on. I would have turned it off way before that any other weekend in that situation. Wow. Just wow. Im so glad I stuck around. My wife was also around for this game. She will be around for the rest. What a win. Luck or not. I will take it. GO JACKETS

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I hate to say it, but I also turned it off after the first down. I woke up this morning to a text from a friend who’s a dwag fan saying “nice win”, and I thought he was just being a smart a**.