OJ SIMPSON DEAD at age 76

SuperToe

Georgia Tech Fan
Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Such a weird trajectory in his life. Good looking, articulate, phenomenal talent, a feel good spokesperson for car rentals and nice comedic talent for movie farces. Then an angry, malevolent toxic male with a sociopathic profile that made him look perfectly capable of murder without remorse. Finally devolving into a petty crook with a dark and bitter view of life, and shrinking into nothing.

Would actually make a good movie except that it would be totally bleak.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Wonder how his criminal trial would have gone if he had not been wealthy, the LAPD had not been racist and corrupt, and the prosecution had not made major mistakes?

Unfortunately, to me, two systems of justice remains an American tradition. Many in the Black community remain convinced he was innocent, for understandable reasons, and acquittal in the criminal trial remains one of the “rare wins” for an African American in centuries of injustice.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Wonder how his criminal trial would have gone if he had not been wealthy, the LAPD had not been racist and corrupt, and the prosecution had not made major mistakes?

Unfortunately, to me, two systems of justice remains an American tradition. Many in the Black community remain convinced he was innocent, for understandable reasons, and acquittal in the criminal trial remains one of the “rare wins” for an African American in centuries of injustice.

There's a lot of truth to what you're saying and I don't expect many here will receive it well.

Only thing I'd add is it isn't necessarily that folks think (or care that) he's innocent. It's that there are so many travesties of justice in this country that this one doesn't cause a raised eyebrow.

CEB

Helluva Engineer

It’s too bad… it would’ve been a far more impactful exposure of such racism, corruption and ineptitude if it resulted in setting an innocent man free. Examples like this aren’t progress.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Such a weird trajectory in his life. Good looking, articulate, phenomenal talent, a feel good spokesperson for car rentals and nice comedic talent for movie farces. Then an angry, malevolent toxic male with a sociopathic profile that made him look perfectly capable of murder without remorse. Finally devolving into a petty crook with a dark and bitter view of life, and shrinking into nothing.

Would actually make a good movie except that it would be totally bleak.

Oh, you know one (or more) are coming. Heck, they already did a trial show with Cuba Gooding and them.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
There's a lot of truth to what you're saying and I don't expect many here will receive it well.

Only thing I'd add is it isn't necessarily that folks think (or care that) he's innocent. It's that there are so many travesties of justice in this country that this one doesn't cause a raised eyebrow.
You get it.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
It’s too bad… it would’ve been a far more impactful exposure of such racism, corruption and ineptitude if it resulted in setting an innocent man free. Examples like this aren’t progress.
That’s the problem. “Win one for our side” is what we’ve come to all while inequities, injustice and corruption continue.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Oh, you know one (or more) are coming. Heck, they already did a trial show with Cuba Gooding and them.
Yes, saw the series on the trial and thought it was well done. Zooming out to the larger story, of which the trial is only a part, would be fascinating also. Who was OJ and how did he become who he was? Certainly a lot of info is public record and on line but a well done movie biopic would be a hit, in my opinion.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
That’s the problem. “Win one for our side” is what we’ve come to all while inequities, injustice and corruption continue.
You’re right. Sometimes we have to realize both sides are wrong and not resort to rooting for the lesser evil.
Just like when UGA plays Bama.