Ohtani

slugboy

Staff member
Yeah
His best friend (Mizuhara) is his translator. Ohtani relies on him for a ton. His contract can be voided, penalty-free, if the Dodgers fire Mizuhara. They just fired him.

Mizuhara got in debt from gambling—apparently not on baseball. Ohtani seems to know he was bailing his friend out, but the question is how much he knew.

And unlike the Black Sox era, or even Pete Rose, gambling is a sponsor of MLB now. It’s a mess for baseball, too

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Yeah
His best friend (Mizuhara) is his translator. Ohtani relies on him for a ton. His contract can be voided, penalty-free, if the Dodgers fire Mizuhara. They just fired him.

Mizuhara got in debt from gambling—apparently not on baseball. Ohtani seems to know he was bailing his friend out, but the question is how much he knew.

And unlike the Black Sox era, or even Pete Rose, gambling is a sponsor of MLB now. It’s a mess for baseball, too
To me, it sounds like Ohtani didn't know much at all about it, but we'll see as more information comes out.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah

He (well ... his reps) are now saying his "friend" STOLE $4.5 million. Whew. Crazy.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Two things...

1. $4.5 mil is chump change for Ohtani.
2. Now that Vegas sponsors MLB, Pete Rose should be freed and inducted into the HOF. So should Shoeless Joe.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Heh, because I love chaos, I'll go the other way.

Im reading the same tea leaves yall are, but theyre telling me the interpreter was makin bets on Ohtani's behalf. The fall guy took the fall so MLB's biggest star remains 'clean'.

That initial interview the interpreter gave was him not realizing the gravity of his arrangement with Ohtani. Now that the league 'n lawyers are involved, he's been silenced. The music is stopping and my mans is a out to be left without a seat.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Reverse Michaeal Jordan soon. Expect MLB and Ohtani to announce his retirement so he can pursue his secret passion of playing basketball for the NBA. Follow Ohtani's journey through the G League on his Netflix special next fall. After one year "retirement", Ohtani will announce he's returning to the Dodgers...