Ohio @ Georgia Tech

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I wonder how many more chances Schneiderjans is going to get because man is he not cutting it right now. Can anyone who's been able to watch the games give some insight on what his deal is?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Really concerned about the middle of the lineup, Kel and Gonzo. Kel as a freshman I forgive, because he is still adjusting to the college game. Looks like they have figured out how to pitch him, and he has not adjusted yet. Gonzo I am rooting for like mad, but he looks lost at the plate. Hope these two can get their heads straight for this weekend.

We finally have *some* pitching..not very deep, but with King, Gold, Stanton, Ryan, and Pitts, we have 5 guys who are getting it done now. Worst is one of those guys who can be stellar one time and horrid the next, just not sure what you are going to get with him, but if opposing hitters are patient, he gets into serious trouble. No one else has really stepped up on the mound.

Defense is very god though and that helps a ton at this level. At least we 9usually) don't beat ourselves.

Wonder if CDH will scramble the hitting order to try to shake loose Kel & Gonzo?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I wonder how many more chances Schneiderjans is going to get because man is he not cutting it right now. Can anyone who's been able to watch the games give some insight on what his deal is?

@Squints , I said Ben S and Parr "really stunk things up".

The morning after I have to recant on Ben S but not Parr. Parr truly stunk things up coming in and walking two on 10 pitches.

But Ben S didn't do all that bad, wasn't great but not a stink up. I was pissed that we had blown a 4 run lead. He pitched a good # of strikes - 64% (36 of 56).
  • In the 5th, he got a fly out, then gave up 3 singles in a row and a strike out. He didn't get the DP or great fielding play that we usually turn. But he was pitching to contact.
  • In the 6th, 2 SOs and a fly out.
  • In the 7th, 2 ground outs followed by a single and then a 7 pitch walk.
I listen to all the games while doing other work. But even if I watched, I have a hard time telling the difference between sliders, curves and other pitches. So what I say is just based on the box score and how WREK calls the games.

What I really like is that Hall seems to be pulling pitchers a lot faster. We've got 17+, use them and give them all a chance!! Maybe it's because it was a mid-week game, but Hall seemed to pull pitchers faster in the series against Indiana State. At the beginning of the year I would think he would have left Parr in even with two walks .......

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Ben S still gave up 4 hits vs 7 outs. Not a verged ratio. Like you, I did not see this game, so if the hits were seeing-eye grounders, he can be forgiven. But at Auburn, the hits were all line shots, if that was the case yesterday (which is magus and would explain him getting pulled with a 6-2 lead) then he is still in my doghouse.

Who came in after Pitts on Saturday? Wasn't that Parr also?

Squints

Helluva Engineer
@Squints , I said Ben S and Parr "really stunk things up".

The morning after I have to recant on Ben S but not Parr. Parr truly stunk things up coming in and walking two on 10 pitches.

But Ben S didn't do all that bad, wasn't great but not a stink up. I was pissed that we had blown a 4 run lead. He pitched a good # of strikes - 64% (36 of 56).
  • In the 5th, he got a fly out, then gave up 3 singles in a row and a strike out. He didn't get the DP or great fielding play that we usually turn. But he was pitching to contact.
  • In the 6th, 2 SOs and a fly out.
  • In the 7th, 2 ground outs followed by a single and then a 7 pitch walk.
I listen to all the games while doing other work. But even if I watched, I have a hard time telling the difference between sliders, curves and other pitches. So what I say is just based on the box score and how WREK calls the games.

What I really like is that Hall seems to be pulling pitchers a lot faster. We've got 17+, use them and give them all a chance!! Maybe it's because it was a mid-week game, but Hall seemed to pull pitchers faster in the series against Indiana State. At the beginning of the year I would think he would have left Parr in even with two walks .......

I'm pretty sure you're confusing Parr and Gorst. Check the box score again. Parr went an inning and a third and only walked one guy. Gorst is allowed to have a clunker because he's been pretty good his last couple times out. From looking at the play-by-play Schneiderjans outing wasn't as bad as it looked as the guys after him let some of their inherited runners in. Parr gave up the big double in that inning to the first guy he faced but was good after that. I still think that Scheiderjans has got to get better. Pitching to contact is all well and good but only if it's not good contact. I wish there some of the more advanced metrics I'm used to seeing for MLB available for college to get a better idea of how he's pitching without having to watch.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yup, Gorst stunk it up not Parr. That's what I said last night but not this morning. So I was wrong about both :dead:

Pitching to contact is generally good for us as long as it isn't a HR. Are there MLB stats that differentiate between"solid" singles and those weak ones that just kind of find a hole? I can only tell that by watching. I guess the best we have is singles, doubles or triples. A