Offseason Number Changes

rfripp68

Georgia Tech Fan
Is CGC keeping the #singledigittuff thing like at Temple where you have to earn/be voted on to get single digit numbers? i.e. the best players on the team will get those

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
Is CGC keeping the #singledigittuff thing like at Temple where you have to earn/be voted on to get single digit numbers? i.e. the best players on the team will get those
I was wondering this myself. I'm pretty sure that was a Temple thing before he got there, and if it was, I really don't want to "rip them off." But it does seem like this could be the reason... look at the players with new single digits:

#1 Juanyeh Thomas
#5 Jerry Howard
#6 David Curry
#9 Tyler Davis

I have heard high praise about all of those guys throughout winter workouts. And if Graham is busting his tail in the classroom to gain his eligibility back and busting it on the field also, he could be earning that single digit #4 too. Maybe that's what he meant in his post-practice interview when asked if there was significance to him switching numbers, he said we'll find out in the fall.

HelluvaPE

Georgia Tech Fan
So it seems that several numbers will be shared by 2 scholarship players (e.g. Dolphus and Z. Walton both 21)... while this may be ok as long as they’re not both on the field at the same time (including special teams), can’t understand why a kid wouldn’t prefer their own number... there are several not being used...

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
So it seems that several numbers will be shared by 2 scholarship players (e.g. Dolphus and Z. Walton both 21)... while this may be ok as long as they’re not both on the field at the same time (including special teams), can’t understand why a kid wouldn’t prefer their own number... there are several not being used...
105 players (though not all on scholly)
100 numbers, before you subtract retired ones.
somebody has to double up.