Official Postgame: GT 23-Duke 20

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Play calling on the last two drives. Hind sight is 20/20, but after the sims rush you have to try and hit something. We aren’t good enough to push people around on the LOS. Also, if you’re trying to burn clock, we should not be snapping before 5 seconds on the play clock. Two weeks in row we lost our edge and almost let them come back.

Brooks, I see you out there playa. Also nice to see the fabled Blackburn with the sick back shoulder makeup grab and Ryan King with some clutch catches.

Sims had his best game of the year, a shame he got hurt. He made good decisions and got rid of the ball when in trouble. Ran tough. Proud of him.

The refs called that roughing and hands to the face, later in the same drive, Yondo is getting his helmet ripped off play side, no call. Glad they at least called the blatant offensive PI.

Hall did not break out of the arm tackles late like he did last week. I don’t know whose old lady Dontae banged, but surely we could forgive and forget and give him some touches late when they’re gassed.

Maybe this is why you play your backup when you are losing by 30 in two games, so his first snaps aren’t in a divisional OT game.

I was surprised elko didn’t go for 2 in regulation. They had all the momentum and on the road. Oh well, I’ll take it.

Proud of the team. Any win is a good win.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Defense was really good. They were playing against two teams in that last drive in regulation.

Offense was on its way to getting a very good grade, too, but then they decided to play not to lose. We have to get better about that and we have to get better about clock management on Offense.

Field Goal kicking continues to be consistent(Stewart is one of our key players, now), but we got to figure out what’s going on with the punt coverage. Hopefully that can be cleaned up in the bye.

As I said, the play calling in the fourth and clock management were both pretty horrendous. The punt at the end of the first half was bad, too. Otherwise, pretty good game from a coaching perspective.

Lastly, I think having a game like this where we were clearly in control the whole game and then faced and failed against adversity, only to then end up winning in the end, could be a great learning experience for our guys.

2-0 under Key! 3-3 and back to .500. Let’s rest, get healthy and clean up the mistakes over the bye week and make a run at a winning record in the second half of the year.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Great - we got a W, Nate McCollum
Good - defense played their hearts out this game and are really coming around.
-our passing game is starting to show some signs of life
Bad - play calling in the red zone and play calling at the end of the game. I won’t say it’s all on long all the time because he called a great screen and lay just whiffed the block.
Ugly - officiating, clock management when trying to bleed clock, punt team