Offensive Line

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

According to this, starters and backups on the all-important offensive line are as follows:

LT Pierce Quick........6'5" 291...........Jakiah Leftwich ...6'6" 311
LG William Lay .......6"2" 308............Paula Vaipulu......6'3" 300
C Weston Franklin 6"4" 305............Will Scissum........6'2" 306
RG Paul Tchio ..........6'3" 300............Paula Vaipulu......6'3" 300
RT Jordan Williams 6'6" 312...........Jakiah Leftwich ...6'6" 311

Does that look right? Anybody got any inside dope on how these guys are shaping up? What can we expect/hope for from this group?

Heartened to see Tchio and Quick crack the lineup. We've got the horses at RB and TE, and an experienced and talented QB. Everything depends on the offensive line.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'm glad our center Weston Franklin is pretty much a unanimous starter. At least we have that spot shored up. He's going to be All ACC by the time he leaves GT.

bos

Helluva Engineer
So, Tchio and Quick at the guard spots. So, Lay will be a backup guard? Leftwich starting at LT?

The only two starters I believe are set in stone right now are Weston Frankin at center and Jordan Williams at RT.

Quick has a good chance to start at a guard spot.

Tchio has been injured so he may not be a starter. Vaipulu or Fusile could take his role.

LT is a toss-up.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
The OL will likely rotate snaps this year. CCL hasn’t previously been afraid to roll guys through if the talents allows him to.

I believe he recently said something in a media appearance specifically about that too.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I said in another thread that the season is on Key. If the OL jells in a couple of games - we shouldn't expect miracles at first - then Tech could do better then we expect, albeit with only 3 - 4 wins. There's a lot of inexperience there, however, and we should always remember that players usually transfer because they couldn't break into the lineup in their old schools. I worry about injury also.

We'll know soon enough.