Offensive Line: "All guts, no glory." Let's give them the credit they deserve!

ramblinwreckfromgt

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi! I am new to the forum, but I just had to post about our OL!

535 rushing yards? What an impressive stat!!! But we can't forget to give credit to our big guys up front. Without them, this 535 number wouldn't be attainable.

Last night, the offensive line BLEW MY MIND! Everyone was on their A-game! Shamire was a hoss and really stepped up, Braun showed out as usual, Cooper looks like he has the potential to be the best center we have had in a while... and did anyone else notice Will's flexibility and versatility on the OL? He was constantly moving around the entire line! Playing both tackle positions and right guard?! Sometimes all in one drive! The kid really impressed me... and I'm expecting big things from him and the rest of the line this season! I feel great about these guys and they truly deserve our respect after last night's performance!

Let's hear your thoughts!

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Looked like 2014 at the end of the season out there. Just mauling guys. We'll be in better shape Saturday cause their LB/secondary won't have the speed and athleticism to keep us from housing the ones that bust. This is presuming they don't have the blueprint. They did keep it close with Auburn last year.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
We had better not sleep.They have some good players.We are a tired team at least,the Off.I still wonder why our DEF can't play ,what 50 plays. ?-while Tenn is playing 96

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Hi! I am new to the forum, but I just had to post about our OL!

535 rushing yards? What an impressive stat!!! But we can't forget to give credit to our big guys up front. Without them, this 535 number wouldn't be attainable.

Last night, the offensive line BLEW MY MIND! Everyone was on their A-game! Shamire was a hoss and really stepped up, Braun showed out as usual, Cooper looks like he has the potential to be the best center we have had in a while... and did anyone else notice Will's flexibility and versatility on the OL? He was constantly moving around the entire line! Playing both tackle positions and right guard?! Sometimes all in one drive! The kid really impressed me... and I'm expecting big things from him and the rest of the line this season! I feel great about these guys and they truly deserve our respect after last night's performance!

Let's hear your thoughts!

I have said it before and I will say it again, this line barring injuries will be the best in Coach Johnson's tenure. There is none of that leaning with these guys they mean business.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Didn't hear much about him preseason except concerns about his weight. Having him at 100% certainly improves our line depth. If the Morgan twins become solid backups then we should have good depth as well as strength. The UT loss hurt but I may be even more optimistic after it than before. You can be sure that no defensive coordinator is looking forward to playing us this year. Also, what a well spoken young man! Tech players consistently seem to be the best and the brightest.

albanyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Scary out of uniform, would hate to be a defensive tackle or LB knowing this guy is coming for me! His play is, well, divine.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck

"We had the torch in the huddle, he was putting gas on it and I kinda like smacked him and told him to dump the whole can on it and let's go."

Shamire Devine just became one of my all time favorite Tech players. We need more Devine interviews.

I'm glad he's putting it together in the last year, and very proud to see him ball out the first game. If he keeps this up and stays focused, he's going to make some serious money in the pros. Also happy that there is a certain poster on the board that can come on here and say "I told you so".

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

"We had the torch in the huddle, he was putting gas on it and I kinda like smacked him and told him to dump the whole can on it and let's go."

Shamire Devine just became one of my all time favorite Tech players. We need more Devine interviews.

Shamire is right dump the whole can on it and run that damn bone

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
O'Line did great, and so was the overall TEAM blocking. WR's, A-Backs, B'Backs, they ALL did their jobs without the ball. When that happens, this O is very very tough to stop.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We are the Green Bay Packers.

Or

Here's Johnny!

20170906_213126.jpg