off-season team update

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
- Team is still having 7 on 7's and the results have been very well thus far...many players have commented publicly about how good the team has looked so far.

- Vad Lee is the hands down leader of the team...Seniors and everyone else are turning to him. Vad has that natural leadership ability that people are born with. It is very refreshing to see that and this is something that has been missing for too long. A part of me wants Vad to keep the job due to this. Vad has looked well this Summer and has proved that good is not good enough for him.

- Justin Thomas has not backed down. He is playing lights out and has been sharp in the passing game. Of course he has the draw dropping speed and quickness. Fun to watch him play. GT fans will love him.

- Waller has been more consistent and more focused...any problems he has is not due to work ethic. He's out there all the time with Vad.

- Louis Young has been one of the better overall players this Summer and finally seems to have grown up and tapped into the talent we all know he has.

- DJ White is a star in the making...he will be the #3 CB this year and is a lock to take over one of the starting jobs next year. He will fight for as many snaps as he can get this year.

- Hunt-Days looks like things have slowed down to him and is ready for a big season.

- Travis Custis is ripped...he is in unreal shape.

- Justin Akins has added a lot of weight and depending how he keeps growing could end up as a defensive tackle when all is said and done.

- Shamire Devine is huge and is rarely seen by anyone ..he has a lot of working to do his first year in college.

- Chris Griffin is another that has put on a lot of weight and looks to have a bright future ahead of him.

Jacket Bracket

Jolly Good Fellow
Great update Eric. I really appreciate the info. Any word on our B backs (other than Custis who I expect to redshirt)? I expect some good competition at that position.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Thanks Eric! Much appreciated.

I feel the same about VAD. Its the intangibles that make a good QB a great QB.
I'm sure still CPJ will have JT on the field even if only in mop up duty or specified packages.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Thanks Eric. From your post about Shamire, I'm taking away that he's not being seen in the weight room? Off-season work-outs are optional I guess, but that wouldn't be a good sign. I hope I'm wrong.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Any news on Dennis Andrews? Vad tweeted he expects him to make a bunch of plays this year.

How are the injured guys who missed Spring practice doing?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Man, this has me pumped! Thanks Eric.

With DJ White playing so well do you think we'll run a lot of nickel this year?

Of couese it will depend on what packages the offense is running but I would expect to see a good bit of nickel.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Thanks Eric. From your post about Shamire, I'm taking away that he's not being seen in the weight room? Off-season work-outs are optional I guess, but that wouldn't be a good sign. I hope I'm wrong.

He's not been seen doing much at all...its not a good sign. But he will get kicked into gear soon.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Any news on Dennis Andrews? Vad tweeted he expects him to make a bunch of plays this year.

How are the injured guys who missed Spring practice doing?

Andrews has been doing well...he's a good player. He will get more PT as the year goes on. He's quick and shifty. Will be a very good one for us.

I haven't heard on those guys.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Great update Eric. I really appreciate the info. Any word on our B backs (other than Custis who I expect to redshirt)? I expect some good competition at that position.

I haven't heard about them from 7 on 7's but I can say that Sims and Laskey have been two of the hardest working on the team this far along with Vad, DJ White, Jemea Thomas, Jamal Golden and Louis Young to name a few.

Jacket Bracket

Jolly Good Fellow
ATL - I think Custis may very well end up having a better career than Sims and Laskey. I don't think he will be better than them this year. As I'm sure you know, Laskey and Sims were both playing injured last year. From everything we know, they are now healthy. I believe you in for a surprise about how well they will play this year.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
JB - I hope your right. I haven't seen anything from them that would make me think they are anything more than serviceable, and in opinion that isn't good enough. I remain hopeful however.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
What about Francis Kallon? Will he be playing much this year? Haven't heard much about him.

7 on 7 doesn't include DL so I'm not sure how's he progressing this Summer...he will be starting off 3rd string in camp but could earn some time as the year goes on. I like his potential still.