Off Season How well do you know Georgia Tech Football

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
You're right on Wiz--but he was here as a player and not a coach.

Ron Rogers was next to Brooking at GT--we were basically running either a 52 or 4-2-5, but funneling everything to Brooking and Rogers to make the tackles. They did.
I knew Wiz played for us but thought he may have been a GA or some assistant. Bud Carson again with the Steelers?

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck

Captn_65

GT Athlete
And he was the backup for what famous NFL quarterback?
Bart Starr.......Who was hurt when we (The Atlanta Falcons) played the Green Bay Packers in Milwaukee County Stadium in 1967. One of the biggest disappointments in my playing career was when I heard that the game was scheduled in Milwaukee rather than in Green Bay and Lambeau Field. Bratkowski subbed for Bart Starr. County Stadium was what was left in Milwaukee after the Braves left for Atlanta in about 1965. My stadium playing highlights were a tie between playing in the LA Memorial Coliseum against the Rams (Cally cool and laid back) and Baton Rouge on a Saturday night (in coming fire from the moment we stepped off the bus to enter Tiger Stadium) .

And he was the backup for what famous NFL quarterback?
Bart Starr, but before that George Blanda, although his record then was no better than against Tech in 1951 --- He joined the Bears as a rookie in 1954. He started the first game of the season with a 64-yard touchdown pass, but was benched after completing just one of his next 11 passes with four interceptions. After George Blanda was lost for the season with a separated shoulder in mid-November, Bratkowski entered the game and threw three more interceptions in the loss. However, he started and won the last four games of the season, despite ten interceptions in those games for a franchise rookie record 17 on the season. And don't forget, while at the cesspool, he never beat the Jackets.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Dewberry got arrested in Athens after the game.
Was it the UGA game where time was running out and they were on our goal line with no timeouts and they got a procedure penalty that stopped the clock and they scored on the final play.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
How about one that hurts?

1) What year was the last year the series with UGAg was tied?

2) what is the largest lead GT has had over UGAg in the series and what year was it?
According to Clean Old fashioned Hate:
1. 1962 was the last year the Tech Georgia Series was tied: 26-26-5
2. The largest lead in the series Tech has ever held was in 1956: 24-22-5.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
According to Clean Old fashioned Hate:
1. 1962 was the last year the Tech Georgia Series was tied: 26-26-5
2. The largest lead in the series Tech has ever held was in 1956: 24-22-5.
That can't be right, because we won again in 1963 followed by a loss in 1964.