Ode to a former forum

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Guys my one request is to keep this board different from the others...which is refrain from the internet tough guy personal attacks and lame attempts at sarcasm every other post. Please don't turn this into ... Well I think most people know which site.. I see some of the same familiar names funneling over here and it seems this board is swaying to the wrong side...Eric has something good going here don't ruin it.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Guys my one request is to keep this board different from the others...which is refrain from the internet tough guy personal attacks and lame attempts at sarcasm every other post. Please don't turn this into ... Well I think most people know which site.. I see some of the same familiar names funneling over here and it seems this board is swaying to the wrong side...Eric has something good going here don't ruin it.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. If we ever get a "big cry" emoticon on this board, I'm out.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
You're a homer BECAUSE....

:D

I am a homer because.......

I realize it's a game, a sport played by kids under a lot of stress and are not responsible for my ego or bragging rights.
I am a homer because Georgia Tech captured my imagination when I was 10 years old and continues to do that 53 years later.
I am a homer because in my experience, when things are not going well, the answer is to 'work' through it and persevere.
I am a homer because my emotional well-being is not dependent on winning a football 'game'. The kids are more important than my chest thumping.
I am a homer simply because I'm loyal. I am not an alumni, but I threw my lot in with Georgia Tech when I was 10. I declared, I committed, period.
I am a homer because Georgia Tech does college sports the 'right' way. They're not perfect, but they're diametrically opposite the 'factories'.
I am a homer because White and Gold are beautiful (heavenly colors) and red and black is uuuugggggly!
I am a homer because Georgia Tech has GREAT Tradition and should be perpetuated....forever!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

I realize it's a game, a sport played by kids under a lot of stress and are not responsible for my ego or bragging rights.
I am a homer because Georgia Tech captured my imagination when I was 10 years old and continues to do that 53 years later.
I am a homer because in my experience, when things are not going well, the answer is to 'work' through it and persevere.
I am a homer because my emotional well-being is not dependent on winning a football 'game'. The kids are more important than my chest thumping.
I am a homer simply because I'm loyal. I am not an alumni, but I threw my lot in with Georgia Tech when I was 10. I declared, I committed, period.
I am a homer because Georgia Tech does college sports the 'right' way. They're not perfect, but they're diametrically opposite the 'factories'.
I am a homer because White and Gold are beautiful (heavenly colors) and red and black is uuuugggggly!
I am a homer because Georgia Tech has GREAT Tradition and should be perpetuated....forever!
bravo!

Mack

Helluva Engineer
The only growth has been the size of the membership. In all honesty, I think the quality of the posts has been watered down a bit. For every good poster that joins there's two more knuckleheads with him. I have to sift through threads a LOT more now.
Well they keep putting up with me so I cant really complain but I did take offense to my use of capitol letters since I dont see that well and I didnt realize I was hurting folks.I think I am close to obeying the rules now.........about time I guess.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Well they keep putting up with me so I cant really complain but I did take offense to my use of capitol letters since I dont see that well and I didnt realize I was hurting folks.I think I am close to obeying the rules now.........about time I guess.
NO PROBLEM MACK, GLAD TO HAVE YOU ABOARD!!!

Mack

Helluva Engineer

Me too .....I agree with all the things Lexy said......I still though will call it like I see it when we play bad ,make dumb mistakes and will question calls......its called being a fan of tech football.Shoot if folks questioned Dodd,and many did,then nobody should have a get out of jail free card.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
ATL1, I am a homer and am proud of it. That doesn't mean that I am blind to areas that need to be fixed or bad coaching decisions (like going for it on fourth down on your own 25). I understand that many do not like CPJ, his offense, his curmudgeon personality, etc., but he is not the devil. I have posted on Jim's site for many years and enjoyed it, but lately it has been a polarizing forum with Jim leading the way.
Me and you and many others have been doing this for awhile(posting) and to me it comes down to this.Folks want to win and some blame everybody for losses from PJ to the water boy.Some dont like the offense and say so .Some think we are not trying hard enough to recruit good players.Some want to see the ball in the air rather than the option dive play.Some like traditional unis for at least two games a year.Some think old guys need to call it a day and some think the young lads have to grow up when it comes to Tech football.Some like to be right all the time and some get mad when they are not winners in a agreement over tech football.Some folks are just hard to please period..............AND that is why we are probably on the board to discuss each and every point folks make..........it is called a football blog not tiddly winks............

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Mack you and I are kindred spirits. I have a ton of respect for what you say, because you've walked the walk.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Mack you and I are kindred spirits. I have a ton of respect for what you say, because you've walked the walk.
Well lets just say I was there when it was a big big thing to take the Nancy Hanks to Atlanta and get a cab........go to the Varsity and watch Dodd and his inventive offense play.It was fun then and I still want it to be fun now.Good to know I am not only old fart around who still posts........got to do something or else I will have to write some legal warrants and its cold down here in Wadley.Have a warm one my friends.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
i never got on Buzzoff, but since i've found this forum, stingtalk and the hive are dead to me
Been on all of them and like this one and Jims board since you can post and fullfill your vent without folks sending IRS to your home.As long as a persons oopinion is issued and its back up by some proof then I stay but when it gets to point that all it is a class warfare type situation..........then I am hitting the road.So far this is fair and balanced(FOX New)

Mack

Helluva Engineer
This is exactly what I'm talking about. If we ever get a "big cry" emoticon on this board, I'm out.
Well I will probablly take offense to them whoever they are,just my nature ,but hope we dont make it a cussing contest over football team we have little control over.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
BBuzzoff makes my eyes bleed and my soul darken. I hate that board and pretty much everyone that posts on it. Bunch of miserable, self-loathing, glass half empty, PJ hating mongrels over there.

Animal02

Banned

Attachments

• TG.jpg
    TG.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Tech First

Jolly Good Fellow

Could not have said it better.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Hope you caught what the 9/19/15 reference was ;) We should meet somewhere here.
I agree, there's so many great spots. How 'bout under 'Touchdown Jesus'? Also, the students from the dorms traditionally make and sell amazingly good comfort food on the 'quad' before games. It's a must.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
BBuzzoff makes my eyes bleed and my soul darken. I hate that board and pretty much everyone that posts on it. Bunch of miserable, self-loathing, glass half empty, PJ hating mongrels over there.

It is easily one of the worst sports message boards I've ever seen. And I was a regular on the 49er message boards during the Dennis Erickson/Mike Nolan/Mike Singletary years.