Ode to a former forum

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Haha sorry Mack I meant odd/strange not old. I hunt every weekend with an 82 year old man that's in better shape than me. My girlfriend tells me I'm an old man in a 22 year old body. I respect my elders.
My daughter about twenty years ago said I was lost in the fifties and she is right at times........but it was a good time to grow up in.Hang loose my friend.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Haha sorry Mack I meant odd/strange not old. I hunt every weekend with an 82 year old man that's in better shape than me. My girlfriend tells me I'm an old man in a 22 year old body. I respect my elders.
Shoot more that I look at it ......you are right we do have some old and odd and strange folks on the board and I am one of them at times......good post.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
In my opinion, there has never been anything wrong with the balance of this board. Just because the majority of the posters choose to be positive in their outlook towards the future of GT Sports, doesn't mean that it needs to be balanced with posters that continuously tend to focus on the negative aspects of the program or what they feel are negative aspects of the program. I take a very pragmatic approach to my fanaticism, but I choose to be optimistic when discussing GT sports with others. I choose to use this forum to become a more knowledgeable fan and to learn things I didn't know. I applaud anyone who brings something interesting to the discussion. I think that it's easy to become jaded or frustrated if one spends too much time reading others' rants.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Balance is no problem as long as folks are civil but every board is either pro this or pro that..if. folks don't like my posts no big deal since its just a opinion and I am sure PJ or The AD could probably care little what any of us say anyway...

Jacket Bracket

Jolly Good Fellow
I do think it's a generally positive board (which I really like and see no problem with!). I have a theory as to why. A big focus of this board is recruiting. I believe positive people enjoy looking to the future and dreaming of the possibilities. For the record, this is my favorite site…none even close. No changes are needed for me.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Hart never really liked football and clearly didn't like Georgia Tech. I never understood his motivation for running a forum about a combination of the two. Guy ran his sites like a dictator. A dictator who was incorrect about a lot of things and banned you if you proved him wrong.

And, Ladies & Gentlemen, we have a winner !

Visited there a few times, but got the impression (perhaps my fault) that if you didn't put some money in his pocket then you were not a Tech fan. What a riot !

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Jim doesn't care for CPJ but his site has been around for a long time. His site is fine, it's not as rah rah as this board and he allows for people to go back and forth if someone rips on you. But believe me this board has some homers and it's kind of been labeled as such. I like this board btw great recruiting info.

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Now you are talking..........this women looks good in any era...........SAME as the Dodd or Ross or Carson unis............thanks for the pic my friend.

Good lord Mack, you are only a few years older than me. She's pretty, but that's grandma lol!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Jim doesn't care for CPJ but his site has been around for a long time. His site is fine, it's not as rah rah as this board and he allows for people to go back and forth if someone rips on you. But believe me this board has some homers and it's kind of been labeled as such. I like this board btw great recruiting info.

I think this board has evened out a bit.

The difference between this board and Jim's:

Jim's: You suck! GT sucks! CPJ sucks!

GTSwarm: You suck! GT sucks, BECAUSE....CPJ sucks BECAUSE...

I can respect that. If you have genuine criticisms of the program or coaches, back it up. I think it should work both ways, and for the most part the "kool-aid drinkers" are good about why they support the staff.

I think in the beginning the mods were a little more iron fisted about the rules, but have gotten better about letting the dialogue play out. Which is good, because no one wants to be a part of something that's too controlled without room to grow. I think the mods have grown with the board.

All in all, it's become a great community for all points of views. Better bring your A-game here, though. Lots of knowledgeable GT fans.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The only growth has been the size of the membership. In all honesty, I think the quality of the posts has been watered down a bit. For every good poster that joins there's two more knuckleheads with him. I have to sift through threads a LOT more now.

Depends on your definition of quality. When I first joined, there was a lot of backslapping and sunshine. Everyone was timid about speaking out on the weakness of our program and would swarm (excuse the pun) on anyone who didn't hold the same positive views. That to me is just as bad as a board that's dedicated to ripping our coaches and players.

I don't mind people who keep it positive, as long as they realize that there's another side of it. People aren't wired the same and don't look at the issues that same.
GT isn't a bad program right now...we're just a mediocre program. A LOT of programs would love to be in our position right now, but at the same time, a lot of GT fans have a higher standard than being just average. I don't think there's anything wrong with fans wanting better for our program.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

ATL1, I am a homer and am proud of it. That doesn't mean that I am blind to areas that need to be fixed or bad coaching decisions (like going for it on fourth down on your own 25). I understand that many do not like CPJ, his offense, his curmudgeon personality, etc., but he is not the devil. I have posted on Jim's site for many years and enjoyed it, but lately it has been a polarizing forum with Jim leading the way.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
ATL1, I am a homer and am proud of it. That doesn't mean that I am blind to areas that need to be fixed or bad coaching decisions (like going for it on fourth down on your own 25). I understand that many do not like CPJ, his offense, his curmudgeon personality, etc., but he is not the devil. I have posted on Jim's site for many years and enjoyed it, but lately it has been a polarizing forum with Jim leading the way.

You're a homer BECAUSE....

:D