Ode to a former forum

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
The board was balanced until people really started to wake up and get piss. Yukon really began to stir rhe
He is probably studying hard to pass law school. Knows football ...we may see him again.

Helluva, Stylee, & AllGT were great because they offered balance with knowledge.
Yukon was just funny and an antagonist.
Those guys will come around sooner or later.

jeagt

Georgia Tech Fan
The board was balanced until people really started to wake up and get piss. Yukon really began to stir rhe

Helluva, Stylee, & AllGT were great because they offered balance with knowledge.

All those guys would be great, although Yukon's bipolar schtick was starting to get old. That board really had a grea mix when I joined in 07. I lurked for a long time on all the forums and it was the only one that felt inclusive to new members and seemed to stay on topic talking about actual football. I really didn't start contributing much until this year but was really enjoying it until everyone went nuclear. So glad this place is here!

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
All those guys would be great, although Yukon's bipolar schtick was starting to get old. That board really had a grea mix when I joined in 07. I lurked for a long time on all the forums and it was the only one that felt inclusive to new members and seemed to stay on topic talking about actual football. I really didn't start contributing much until this year but was really enjoying it until everyone went nuclear. So glad this place is here!

Yukon just likes to play and tease. He is a self-avowed contrarian, but he is really smart and has great incites. He does like to push buttons but he doesn't do it maliciously. He pegged me right off as a Pollyanna (a moniker I wear as a badge of honor). Last year he came up and we went to the Varsity for a pre-game victory meal and the Duke game, this year we did the same thing for the Syracuse game. He is a 73' graduate and was a Tech R.O.T.C. Navy commissioned officer. He served on the USS Coral Sea off Vietnam the same time I was serving on the USS Constellation. He will definitely stir things, but he is a Yellow Jacket down to the bone marrow.

Mack

Helluva Engineer

Hope so..they know football and Yuke is a card..funny that they are not here yet.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Yukon just likes to play and tease. He is a self-avowed contrarian, but he is really smart and has great incites. He does like to push buttons but he doesn't do it maliciously. He pegged me right off as a Pollyanna (a moniker I wear as a badge of honor). Last year he came up and we went to the Varsity for a pre-game victory meal and the Duke game, this year we did the same thing for the Syracuse game. He is a 73' graduate and was a Tech R.O.T.C. Navy commissioned officer. He served on the USS Coral Sea off Vietnam the same time I was serving on the USS Constellation. He will definitely stir things, but he is a Yellow Jacket down to the bone marrow.
Good friend of tech and mine as well.......we have much in common with the commission from the gov and tour of duty etc but he thinks before he puts his mouth in gear and that is a great trait all of us including me need.He is a Dodd caring tech football man and hope he gets here soon.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Shoot Lexy......at our age we need to have some fun .......Ole Yuke is a hoot but folks take him too seriously ..he knows his football

Mack

Helluva Engineer
He said we were going to be 4-8. I'd say the bolded part is debatable.
Whoa my friend if predictions are a sign of football prowess......what did you predict ? What about all the guys who are or were predicting 9-2,8-5 etc read the burb about him from Lexy .....sounds like you missed the cantankerous observation of him..Shoot bet you went craz;y when you saw 4-8 ! I would have too but thought he was 7-6 man counting the bowl.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
Whoa my friend if predictions are a sign of football prowess......what did you predict ? What about all the guys who are or were predicting 9-2,8-5 etc read the burb about him from Lexy .....sounds like you missed the cantankerous observation of him..Shoot bet you went craz;y when you saw 4-8 ! I would have too but thought he was 7-6 man counting the bowl.

Lol not saying predictions are everything but when you say that we're going 4-8 after the BYU game when were clearly better than Cuse, UVA and Pitt, I start to question your football prowess. I'm pretty sure I said 8-4 with L's to BYU, Miami, Clemson and UGA. Pretty close. It's impossible to go 9-2 and 8-5 in a 12 game season but those saying 9-3 weren't that crazy. We were very close to that. A lot closer to 9-3 than 4-8. The 10-2 crowd was definitely a little delusional just like the 4-8 crowd.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Lol not saying predictions are everything but when you say that we're going 4-8 after the BYU game when were clearly better than Cuse, UVA and Pitt, I start to question your football prowess. I'm pretty sure I said 8-4 with L's to BYU, Miami, Clemson and UGA. Pretty close. It's impossible to go 9-2 and 8-5 in a 12 game season but those saying 9-3 weren't that crazy. We were very close to that. A lot closer to 9-3 than 4-8. The 10-2 crowd was definitely a little delusional just like the 4-8 crowd.
Sure looks like he. Completed his mission and of course both your prediction and his were wrong so we move on...I am sure he gets kick out of folks questioning his ....football prowness.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
And you know how close me and PJ are! I stand by the fact that in my opinion we don't get our recruits to run his offense and we don't get the most out of the option but all can post here and express a opinion. Don't think mode want one way love fest on this board either so let the opinions start.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
Sure looks like he. Completed his mission and of course both your prediction and his were wrong so we move on...I am sure he gets kick out of folks questioning his ....football prowness.

It's not a big deal. I enjoyed busting his chops as well. I remember him getting worked up from things I said. But he gave me no reason to think that he could talk football intelligently. He was definitely in the bottom half of posters in terms of football knowledge. He implied that Florida was gonna beat FSU. That sealed it for me. #clueless

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It's not a big deal. I enjoyed busting his chops as well. I remember him getting worked up from things I said. But he gave me no reason to think that he could talk football intelligently. He was definitely in the bottom half of posters in terms of football knowledge. He implied that Florida was gonna beat FSU. That sealed it for me. #clueless
Cobb, it seems to me that if you question cpj's option attack and blame the offense for our w-l without any statistical support, then that seems like football genius (or prowness?) to some.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
well young friend ss I told you on other board everybody has a right to depress their ideas.....now when you and I become experts we can dictate who is and who is not knowledabe......we ain't there yet and I imagine he is laughing like hell after reading thease comments.glad his prediction was not right..... seven and five ain't great but it is better than 4-7.