Ode to a former forum

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
The-Great-Kabuki.jpeg
Anybody remember the great kabuki

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Two weeks is a long time.....you would think it would be simple to put up a temporary notice. In the mean time, I am finding the atmosphere here refreshing......not to mention being able to see your game reviews Boomer.
Shoot may be connected to Gov.care............who knows ?

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Yes. And Gene too. Aka Minnesota Wrecking Crew.
Remember now.........the Minn Wrecking Crew vs the Torres Bros......now that was wrestling............know many guys who left work at five to go fifty miles to Augusta to watch the match up.

GT_Inta-neer

Georgia Tech Fan
I was kinda thinking that other site was broken on purpose b/c it went down right before the UGAG game. Went looking for the game chat and couldn't get on there. Was somewhat interested to see all the posts whining and moaning after that game with all the %#^! that would be included therein. Maybe we can set up some gameday chats through this board? I always enjoy those.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Maybe the mods can set up a separate forum for incessant whiners and moaners. That way the rest of us won't even see their threads on the front page.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I used to visit that board, but honestly stopped about a year ago. I didn't know it didn't exist till I started reading that thread.

there were some posters that had good information, but by and large that board was full of people who liked to complain.

does anybody know what happened to jim?

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
It was a fun board for a while. A lot of good information and several knowledgable posters. But if you didn't have the same opinions as the lynch mob (Yukon, Jim, foggy) you were a pansy, accepted mediocrity and is the reason Tech sucks. And if you didn't call for PJ's head or e-mailed the AD, you were a PJ lover. And if you were optimistic you were a liar. It got old.

Foggy would call PJ a ***** and other names which I thought was over the top. If you want him fired I get it but really? Talking like that about someone you don't know because your expectations aren't being met. And foggy would send me DM's and would call me names which is kind of weird. He seemed like an angry person. I just don't get too heated anymore with football. With a wife and a baby on the way, there are more important things in life than a game that I'm not even involved with.

I liked reading Helluva's opinions. Even though a lot of people thought he was negative, I always thought he had good points and knowledge.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Helluva had a good football knowledge, but he was kind of a moaner though. I wish Stylee would come join this board, he always had some great analysis.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
It was a fun board for a while. A lot of good information and several knowledgable posters. But if you didn't have the same opinions as the lynch mob (Yukon, Jim, foggy) you were a pansy, accepted mediocrity and is the reason Tech sucks. And if you didn't call for PJ's head or e-mailed the AD, you were a PJ lover. And if you were optimistic you were a liar. It got old.

Foggy would call PJ a ***** and other names which I thought was over the top. If you want him fired I get it but really? Talking like that about someone you don't know because your expectations aren't being met. And foggy would send me DM's and would call me names which is kind of weird. He seemed like an angry person. I just don't get too heated anymore with football. With a wife and a baby on the way, there are more important things in life than a game that I'm not even involved with.

I liked reading Helluva's opinions. Even though a lot of people thought he was negative, I always thought he had good points and knowledge.

Now I had opposite view on the old board.I thought it was pro PJ and if you were not a member you were thrashed.my take is if you are one way or the other be civil....Cobby you know what I am talking about.hope we can either agree or disagree on tech football but always keep it respectful ...

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
Now I had opposite view on the old board.I thought it was pro PJ and if you were not a member you were thrashed.my take is if you are one way or the other be civil....Cobby you know what I am talking about.hope we can either agree or disagree on tech football but always keep it respectful ...

Agree. Some on the old board weren't able to do that.