OC and DC replacement thoughts!!

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Gibbs was one of, if not the only, reason our offense was competitive for most of the year. Just because our win total sucks doesn't mean his impact on the game wasn't crucial next year.
I'm not so sure he reached his game-breaking potential here or that he would have next year. He averaged 5.2 YPCarry (3rd behind Smith and Sims, Mason was 4th with 5.0), and 13.3 YPCatch (2nd behind Norris, 3rd was Carter with 13.0). So he definitely added a lot to our team, but I really don't think he's irreplaceable.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Maybe we could pick up a strong OC or DC candidate(s) from ND OK or LSU who are displaced from the HC transitions. I am just not familiar with who those individuals are or what the talent level is.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I wonder if TStan hasn't already been putting out some feelers. Or did the situation only resolve after the two horrific last games?

Please say no more about Gibbs. He is easily the most talented player we have on either side of the ball. It would be awful to lose him. Period.

If Bobo is a good choice and wants to come to Tech, hire him. I know his playcalling gave us fits. Once he cut ties with the Bulldogs, the fact that he was before no longer matters.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Kelly says an OC offer has been made, and its much higher salary than what we were used to before (thank god).

A large factor for the staff was the low assistant coach salary pool.