Observation

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow
Do you remember when a big time college football game was on TV the announcers would go through the starting line up and mention each player's major? They at least pretended the players were true student-athletes. These days, no one even pretends... Yes, I know there are plenty of exceptions - hopefully many at Tech - but, the point is the media could not care less about the student side of the equation. (I realize this isn't a profound observation but for some reason it bugs me.)

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Do you remember when a big time college football game was on TV the announcers would go through the starting line up and mention each player's major? They at least pretended the players were true student-athletes. These days, no one even pretends... Yes, I know there are plenty of exceptions - hopefully many at Tech - but, the point is the media could not care less about the student side of the equation. (I realize this isn't a profound observation but for some reason it bugs me.)
I think your average college football fan these days couldn't care less whether the players went to class or not:rolleyes: