O-Line analysis is sorely needed

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
It's against the rules to yell "hike" or "hut" or whatever.. I think we go on "hit", anyway.

But it wouldn't surprise me if Bud tells his guys to yell, "Hip!" and then tell the refs, "We're saying 'hip', like, 'move your hip', so it's legal yo."
If this becomes a recurring problem throughout the league, we'll see rules changes that make it illegal to say anything on D.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
Exactly. We ran qb follow drive and power blocking alot. This is a more physical playcall we dont run much with jt. So what i would caution is that this helps the line explode off better than some more complex stuff we run with jt. My point being is the line looked better imo in part due to the particular mix or plays called; and they executed it solidly.

There were still a bunch of misses in pass pro. Alot. Go back and watch. And even in the toss and option game it wasnt that good. But between the tackles it seemd alot better.

Imo cpj overthinks his O with jt. I wish he would run a tad more interior stuff with him. Now he is injured so you cant. But in general.

Some our best offenses here were slugging it out with follows, midlines and inside veer really working the Bb and qb combo.

At some point, if we're better at it then we need to do more of it. I hope we see that. I agree with you a little bit with the overthinking comment. We were best in 2014 when we were running up the gut with two RB's that probably weren't as talented as the two we are using now, but our OL crushed people when we ran those plays.