Number changes

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
What I found most interesting is that both Adams and Whitehead are both #90, which isn't all that unusual if both players are on opposite sides of the ball, but they both are DL. Which leads me to believe either Adams is RSing, or they are not expected KW to play at all. I was assuming Adams would be playing and playing a good bit this year as a True FR.

Jacketfish

Jolly Good Fellow
That is interesting. When I first checked this morning, they hadn't posted the incoming freshmen's numbers yet, so I didn't see that. I saw something a few weeks ago on KW's instagram that was along the lines of him focusing on school etc. etc. I wonder if that has anything to do with him not playing this year.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Also of interest:
Lucas Johnson shows up at 6'3, 195
Dolphus didn't shrink an inch between H.S. and college as is the norm
Cooper shows up at 288

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Good numbers and a swoosh are keys to on-field performance.

For about 5 seconds I was sad about Lynch dropping the 49 though. Seemed apropos given his path to playing time. Now linebackers won't get burned by a scrawny #49...

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
What I found most interesting is that both Adams and Whitehead are both #90, which isn't all that unusual if both players are on opposite sides of the ball, but they both are DL. Which leads me to believe either Adams is RSing, or they are not expected KW to play at all. I was assuming Adams would be playing and playing a good bit this year as a True FR.
I don't see Whitehead on the roster at all.

Jacketfish

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't see Whitehead on the roster at all.

He was on there this morning when I first posted. Guess they updated today. Not a good sign for him playing this fall. Too bad if that's the case. He looks like he had finally put on some extra weight.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
He was on there this morning when I first posted. Guess they updated today. Not a good sign for him playing this fall. Too bad if that's the case. He looks like he had finally put on some extra weight.
Yeah, they've definitely taken him off the roster, I remember seeing his name on there when I looked earlier today too. That sucks, but at least we weren't counting on him being a contributor. He got passed by last year's freshmen and very well might have been behind this year's crop as well.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Matters of note:

Henderson 6' 1" 295 (!)

Both Stickler and Griffin are on the roster. Hope that's a good sign.

One of the Twins is back on DL. Perhaps related to the above.

Let's hope this isn't wishful thinking. We could certainly use Griffin next year. I might also mention that this roster is absolutely lousy with speed at the O skill positions.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Fwiw, Scott Morgan as DL is probably an example of not updating the roster, imo, rather than changing it back.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
That is interesting. When I first checked this morning, they hadn't posted the incoming freshmen's numbers yet, so I didn't see that. I saw something a few weeks ago on KW's instagram that was along the lines of him focusing on school etc. etc. I wonder if that has anything to do with him not playing this year.
Watching players from behind bench he seemed very casual and had very small legs.

furant

Jolly Good Fellow
Did Trevor Stroebel quit after getting benched last year? I guess we can assume Antonio Simmons will be back in fall, right?