Notre Dame at GT

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Good D by GT.

ND made only one out of their last 11 field goal attempts!

Made their last field goal with two minutes and 44 seconds left. And they were 0-4 to end the game. The only points during that time were two free throws with 1:55 left !

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
So very happy for our players. These young men have played so hard all year. And in spite of our terrible offensive scheme , they puled it out. Do you hear Brian Oliver talking about our poor spacing on offense? What many of us have said all year.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Screenshot_20230208-213913.png

Lance played the entire game.

Last edited:

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s good to get a win. A very evenly matched and entertaining game. All of these ND games are heart stoppers. Tv crew said 10 games against ND in McCamish have been decided by a total of 28 points. I’ve been at most of those games. There have been some real doozies.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Happy to get the win and a good, difference-making pro-GT crowd tonight for the few of us who showed up. Helped sustain a couple runs.

We’ve got a potential nice win streak (Florida Tech assisted) on the horizon if we can sneak a gas station run in Winston-Salem on Saturday.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Posted this elsewhere:

Deivon Smith is playing at a high level. If he had ANY kind of jumper, he’d be a sure-fire NBA guy!

From Kelly Quinlan’s report, “Deivon Smith fell just short of a triple-double with eight points, nine rebounds and seven assists off the bench. He added two steals as well as he frustrated Nate Laszewski on the defensive”

7 assists against 0 turnovers!

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
We always have a knack for playing ND close… regardless of a win or a loss. Although the times we come out on top have been spectacular.

2016- MGH buzzer beater
2017- Okogie buzzer beater
2019- 17-5 second half run leads to comeback win
2021- Came back from being down 15 at the half
2023- Lance Terry buzzer beater

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
I just happened to catch the second half on TV - first one since December (hey, maybe I should have been watching all season - I think I'm 3-0). These guys do provide a lot of effort/hustle, especially on defense. On offense, they don't seem quite there but the overall numbers weren't bad at all.

We were helped that ND didn't figure out the switches soon enough. A few times they got to their big Nate Z when either Deivon or another guard was covering, but missed the chance plenty of times and could have taken advantage of our small lineup (though they seem to have the same "big" issues we have).

When Terry missed the highlight reel dunk with less than a minute left, I thought we were sunk. Good for them that they finished things off. I see Terry played a full 40.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I just happened to catch the second half on TV - first one since December (hey, maybe I should have been watching all season - I think I'm 3-0). These guys do provide a lot of effort/hustle, especially on defense. On offense, they don't seem quite there but the overall numbers weren't bad at all.

We were helped that ND didn't figure out the switches soon enough. A few times they got to their big Nate Z when either Deivon or another guard was covering, but missed the chance plenty of times and could have taken advantage of our small lineup (though they seem to have the same "big" issues we have).

When Terry missed the highlight reel dunk with less than a minute left, I thought we were sunk. Good for them that they finished things off. I see Terry played a full 40.

That’s what you missed in the first half. He played really well for them, but our smaller guys were able to get him into foul trouble. That helped considerably.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Agree. The team is still playiing with tremendous effort, so they have not given up on Pastner. That says a lot about his relationship with them as individuals. I wish he had a better idea for putting points on the scoreboard.
I've seen a lot of talk about how he lost the locker room and how we should expect whole transfers. I don't buy into that too much. I expect some attrition but not a mass exodus.

You could tell from their excitement level during and after the game that they are still playing hard for each other. Aside from poor shooting, I've thought our effort level lacked in some big games on defense.

That has not been the case over these past two games. Javon has been all over the court giving us some rim protection, his block Allen-Leben at the 1:00 mark was huge for us!