Notre Dame - ACC Weekend #7

Deleted member 2897

Our last 2 batters of the game, with 2 runners on, both struck out looking. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Sportsfan!

Georgia Tech Fan
It saddens me to read some of these comments...unfortunately the Twitter comments are worse (personal attacks on the coaches). Bottom line, they are not playing great right now, and that goes for the entire team. Yes, are there some standouts playing well, of course. But baseball is a game where you have slumps like this. I would imagine coming off not playing but a few games last year due to Covid didnā€™t help this situation. These kids and coaches love this game and are working their tails off daily to compete. We donā€™t know all the ends and outs (injuries, mental hang-ups, school stressors, etc.). Letā€™s extend some grace to the kids and their coaches and cheer them on!

THWG

Helluva Engineer
This is about the time every year when the freshmen hit the freshman wall. It usually takes about 2 weeks to get past. Anyone have any thoughts about this?
This is what I was thinking too. It's a lot like FSU 2 years ago. They had a ton of freshmen, played up and down all year, and were just barely able to sneak into the tournament. Then, they got hot and went to Omaha. I hope we can replicate that šŸ™‚

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
This is what I was thinking too. It's a lot like FSU 2 years ago. They had a ton of freshmen, played up and down all year, and were just barely able to sneak into the tournament. Then, they got hot and went to Omaha. I hope we can replicate that šŸ™‚

Yea, one can hope. The trend for us doesn't support that, despite all the sarcastic joking the last chunk of years.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
A rough couple of weeks. Woulda , coulda , shoulda, in most of them. There is still a lot of baseball left. Letā€™s get in the field of 64 and see what happens. I know Colin takes a lot of heat , and he was struggling some, but are we missing his leadership as an upperclassman? Just wondering, the slide seemed to start when he went out. I know he is not the reason, but I do wonder about vocal leaders, both Waddell and Wilhite are ā€œquietā€ leaders, was Hall the so called straw that sits? and exactly what is his injury? Just trying to stay positive. Go Jackets!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
After today, I have reached the ā€œcomplacencyā€ stage. We caught lightning in a bottle the first two series and I got sucked into believing it was real.
I've been busy this week. Missed most of [watching] both games. You've had a couple of posts that really rang true with me. This one (was the start really what we are?) ...& earlier this week. A comment to the effect "hard to figure out (or understand) what's going on with this team".

THWG

Helluva Engineer
A rough couple of weeks. Woulda , coulda , shoulda, in most of them. There is still a lot of baseball left. Letā€™s get in the field of 64 and see what happens. I know Colin takes a lot of heat , and he was struggling some, but are we missing his leadership as an upperclassman? Just wondering, the slide seemed to start when he went out. I know he is not the reason, but I do wonder about vocal leaders, both Waddell and Wilhite are ā€œquietā€ leaders, was Hall the so called straw that sits? and exactly what is his injury? Just trying to stay positive. Go Jackets!
Having Hall out is really hurting right now. He was starting to hit too before he got hurt and that's when the offense was clicking on all cylinders.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Their best pitcher, Bertrand, may not be available.

We knocked out first pitcher and second wasn't Bertrand. Up 1-0 B2 but left bases loaded. Got a lead off Malloy double and didn't get him advanced till two outs.

Parada hit into DP in first. When things aren't goin well, they aren't!

Over in chat.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Great win 4-2. No errors.

Crawford, Siegel, Brown and Bartnicki held the day.

Winning beats losing.

Come from behind win too (were down 1-2)

ND is real good. 4 batters Bartnicki faced had him throw 26 pitches - 6 1/2 pitch per AB. And they are real good at advancing runners. We weren't but Reids ~450 foot HR was the difference.