Notre Dame - 1st Trip EVER to Indiana

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

THWG

Helluva Engineer
The season hasn't played out the way that I had hoped it would, but this is a great opportunity to win a series and get these guys on track and gain some confidence for the rest of the year. It's also incredible to think that we are 27 in RPI (last I saw) for how bad that the team has played so far. That's cause for hope for the remainder of the season.

twofortheroad

Georgia Tech Fan
Looking at the GTBaseball twitter account, it seems that they got flights - plural, around 10pm last night to Milwaukee. In checking Delta (I am assuming) there were two flights into Milwaukee that arrived around 12:30am. Figure bags and getting your bus they probably didn't get on the road to South Bend till around 1:30/2am. So perhaps a 4:30am/5:00am arrival....Definitely sleeping in today! Given the cold at game time, wouldn't hurt my feelings if they had a double-header tomorrow.

Deleted member 2897

Just saw on GT Baseball twitter, flight canceled and need to get Delta's help. Looks like they are having trouble.

I was in Atlanta on business this week. Wednesday I got to the airport at 5pm for an 8pm flight and the flights to my city even as far back as 1pm hadn't left yet. The line at the Delta counter was all the way down the entire terminal. So I called Delta on the phone and it said > 2 hour wait. So I rented a car and drove home. On the drive home I got an alert that my flight had been canceled. Tried to call Delta and got the 'all circuits busy' so their phone system was overloaded. Thursday they rebooked me on a flight at night through another city to then get me home around midnight (again I had already driven home). Tried to call Delta Thursday a few times and their phone system was down. Their website wouldn't let me cancel the flight either, so I just went about my day working. Last night I got an alert that second flight had now been canceled. I tried to call again this morning and the phone system is working but says the hold time is > 3 hours. So here it is 3 days later and I haven't been able to even make any contact with Delta whatsoever. I can't imagine what its like for people stuck in all that with no option to drive out of it. Its absolutely crazy.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
RPI is 27th.
S.O.S. is helping despite 16-11(4-8, conference play).

Still have a decent shot to make something great out of this season. We know what each pitcher can do now, and can't!

Deleted member 2897

RPI is 27th.
S.O.S. is helping despite 16-11(4-8, conference play).

Still have a decent shot to make something great out of this season. We know what each pitcher can do now, and can't!

You know you are in the best Baseball Conference in the country when your RPI is #27, yet you currently sit in 2nd to last position out of 15 in the conference.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nice way to start the second half of the season. Score 1 in the T1 and then Curry comes on throwing a lot of pitches (20) but 14 for strikes.

I think I heard someone scream when Bailey tried to bunt with no outs and a man on second :cautious: At least Kel got him home on some great base running by Craport.

My game plan is to drink beer and enjoy watching a game after one long week. Trying to listen to the ND announcers but may have to go to WREK......

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I say it every year but I'll never understand Danny Hall's obsession with the sacrifice bunt. You have a guy slashing .360/.410/.540. Let him swing the bat. Don't play for one run in the first damn inning.

twofortheroad

Georgia Tech Fan
Nice way to start the second half of the season. Score 1 in the T1 and then Curry comes on throwing a lot of pitches (20) but 14 for strikes.

I think I heard someone scream when Bailey tried to bunt with no outs and a man on second :cautious: At least Kel got him home on some great base running by Craport.

My game plan is to drink beer and enjoy watching a game after one long week. Trying to listen to the ND announcers but may have to go to WREK......

Any reason you want to listen to ND announcers?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I say it every year but I'll never understand Danny Hall's obsession with the sacrifice bunt. You have a guy slashing .360/.410/.540. Let him swing the bat. Don't play for one run in the first damn inning.
I don't agree with it all the time, but I get bunting there just because of the weather.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Up 1-0 after two. But Curry will only last another inning or two. Has a 50 pitch count after two. Throwing 34 strikes but ND is doing a really good job of running up the pitch count. Makes a lot of sense especially on Friday and against a team (GT) which has pitching as the primary weakness. I wish we were doing the same.

Any reason you want to listen to ND announcers?

OK, I'm shamed into watching on ACCNetwork and listening on WREK after this inning.

Well we agree on this one!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Good start by Curry and I'm assuming he's done. After 5 we're up 2-1. Curry has 99 pitches with 65 strikes. ND did a great job running up the count. There were two errors on GT or Curry may have had a shut out. Putting extra runners on and extra pitches on the pitcher adds up.

Have we won a game this year with 2 or more errors?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Curry was left in too long ..... ended with an out and then three straight hits to tie the game. He was much more hittable at the end .....

Winborne comes in and starts with a 4 pitch walk to load bases. Sorry guys, I'd pull Winborne now.

Update: Winborne got pulled and looked pissed. He should be pissed at himself that he can't throw strikes. Next up. Combs with an out and bases loaded.

Update: Pop out and single. Run scores and nice throw gets next runner out at home. Down 2-3. Need some runs but it's getting cold .......

Last edited: