Nothing to see here...

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Lol, that guy's an idiot.

Their fan base was living on the biggest bubble I've seen in quite a while...and I knew it was bound to burst sooner or later. They played some pretty bad teams to start the year and got all built up and then BOOM...Sabanized.

Their QB is not very good. Wasn't good at Virginia, not sure why everything thought he was going to be better at Georgia. All the stars in the world can't change that.

They are a one dimensional team. Stop Chubb...game over. It worked better when Gurley was there, but as good as Chubb is, he's not Gurley.

They're still probably going to win 10 games and probably win the SEC East, but hopefully I don't have to listen to their fans for a few days.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Their fan base was living on the biggest bubble I've seen in quite a while...and I knew it was bound to burst sooner or later. They played some pretty bad teams to start the year and got all built up and then BOOM...Sabanized.

Their QB is not very good. Wasn't good at Virginia, not sure why everything thought he was going to be better at Georgia. All the stars in the world can't change that.

They are a one dimensional team. Stop Chubb...game over. It worked better when Gurley was there, but as good as Chubb is, he's not Gurley.

They're still probably going to win 10 games and probably win the SEC East, but hopefully I don't have to listen to their fans for a few days.

The cutest part of that game was the pregame jawing UGA did as Bama ran onto the field. The dawgs whole team runs over the the Bama sideline. Bama basically ignored them and walked right past them ... then proceeded to whup that tail all game long. Hilarious. Basic 'we're in your league but you're not in ours' moment.

Florida will beat UGA and win the east. It will be Florida vs Bama for the Championship.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
"I'd rather win 7 or 8 games a year than to keep gettin' let down over and over and and and over and OVER AND OVER!"

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Side note, I went over to a uga site, which I joined but never comment on, and gave a rec to every comment that was over the top. The "fire Richt" crowd, the "we will never be any good crowd," the "made a laughing stock on TV" crowd, the "we will never ever again win a national championship" crowd, if it was negative to the program and in the pits of despair I gave it a rec.

For those who do not know, if enough people give a recommendation to a comment then the background color turns green as the thumbs up on the comment becomes prominent.
I turned about a dozen comments like this guy's green. It was very cathartic.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
One interesting side note to the uga comments on their site.

A portion of the fans feel like Mark Richt uses his faith to insulate himself from criticism. They resent that the moment you start to criticize him people respond by saying he is a good Christian man and they like how he is turning the lives around of so many young men who might otherwise have been thugs.

The other portion of the fan base, slightly larger, resent that people bring his faith up and feel that this is both an inappropriate and inaccurate description of Mark Richt and his faith. They reaffirm that he is a fine man.

The first group says there are no other coaches in the country at big time programs who use their faith to keep people from making criticisms of their coaching. The second group names about 3 or 4 that do speak about their faith in a prominent way. And it goes from there.

Interesting to me because this guy in the video mentions it and it really is a thing at Georgia about which side you come down on. I don't believe that has ever been a source of division at Tech, even when Bill Curry was the coach and faith talking was a big part of the program. For some reason some people think Richt is a little bit slick about it, a little bit snake oil salesperson about it.

I don't care. I just enjoy it when bulldog nation has major angst.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
One interesting side note to the uga comments on their site.

A portion of the fans feel like Mark Richt uses his faith to insulate himself from criticism. They resent that the moment you start to criticize him people respond by saying he is a good Christian man and they like how he is turning the lives around of so many young men who might otherwise have been thugs.

The other portion of the fan base, slightly larger, resent that people bring his faith up and feel that this is both an inappropriate and inaccurate description of Mark Richt and his faith. They reaffirm that he is a fine man.

The first group says there are no other coaches in the country at big time programs who use their faith to keep people from making criticisms of their coaching. The second group names about 3 or 4 that do speak about their faith in a prominent way. And it goes from there.

Interesting to me because this guy in the video mentions it and it really is a thing at Georgia about which side you come down on. I don't believe that has ever been a source of division at Tech, even when Bill Curry was the coach and faith talking was a big part of the program. For some reason some people think Richt is a little bit slick about it, a little bit snake oil salesperson about it.

I don't care. I just enjoy it when bulldog nation has major angst.
I don't know how to feel about their coaching situation. Would it be better or worse for GT if Richt were actually let go? Richt is a very good recruiter and I think his faith has alot to do with convincing alot of parents that their baby boy needs to play for this man. On the other hand.. he isn't a GREAT on the field HC, just good. I'm of the opinion that if Richt left it would benefit Tech in a good way.... but am worried that a better actual on the field HC would come in and pick up where he left off with recruiting and have the perfect recipe for success. Which would consequently have negative affects on GT and the fanbase. I like that the discussion comes up year after year though... maybe THIS will be the year their recruiting avalanche will cease.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Dennis Dodd was on Sirius College Sports yesterday talking about how, if things don't work out in Philly (and they aren't) that Chip Kelly is coming back to coach in college. He mentioned UGa as one of the teams (TX being the #1 team) that might make a run at him if he bails from the NFL.

I would prefer that not happen.

Dennis Dodd was on Sirius College Sports yesterday talking about how, if things don't work out in Philly (and they aren't) that Chip Kelly is coming back to coach in college. He mentioned UGa as one of the teams (TX being the #1 team) that might make a run at him if he bails from the NFL.

I would prefer that not happen.
He would fit really well at Georgia in my mind but I'm not sure that the older big money Alumni would let him steer away from that I-formation. Stupid as it sounds, those guys are still big influences over there. Mark Ritch is in is last days as the UGA head coach. The guy has brought them back to a top 7-15 program but just hasn't found the way to get any closer.