Notes from the AJC

Animal02

Banned

jacket fan in dairyland

Jolly Good Fellow
Ken's report on Thursday had a bit about Shamire. Comments from CPJ were, to say the least, less than enthusiastic. What's it going to take for this potential 1st round NFL draft pick to get the message ? Because of our success last year, the team will be watched much more closely and he is missing a huge opportunity to impress some folks.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure Shamire is as frustrated as Coach says he is. I'm also sure that Shamire will get plenty of playing time next year, whether he loses 30 lbs of not. He showed last year that he is a quality OL and we'll need him.

I also think he'll probably be down at least 20 lbs next year; all it takes is a little concentration and a high protein diet of some kind. That'll probably do it; I don't think anybody has a set target here. If he can move better then all's good.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
If he's not losing weight, he's eating too much, it's that simple. If I had to guess he does well during the week(when around teammates) but binges on the weekends, I've got the same problem.

It sucks, but he's go to realize that if he wants to play pro ball he's got to be disciplined about his eating. I'm sure he's never had to lose weight before and it's hard, but it will decide whether or not he plays in the pros.

I wish him the best of luck, coach needs to get some guys around him who will keep him honest about his eating if he can't do it himself.

gtalltheway

Jolly Good Fellow
With as big as Shamire is he should be able to lose 30 pounds pretty easily if he stays to a diet at least a lot easier than someone weighing 250, I Believe if he just lays off sugars completely and breads that would help a lot also very low carbs except for when he's about to train he will need carbs then for energy

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Less concerned specifically where he's getting the calories as to the fact that to consume that much he should be able to still have the volume of food to fill the belly, but could be some healthier choices. Especially if drinking calorie laden drinks when he could substitute water or some low cal. options to replace.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Story sound very familiar to TJ Barnes. There is a need of an 1 on 1 with Shamire to understand what motivates him or honestly is football is a passion for him. It took TJ to know that he had a real shot at the NFL to get focused. To often these guys are coddled bc of their potential. Coming from guy who had conditioning issues that prevented me from starting to open the season, you have to want it bad enough for yourself than the coaches & peers.

techfan4

Georgia Tech Fan
I saw Shamire at the grocery store last weekend... didn't think to check his cart for what he had in it..

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I saw Shamire at the grocery store last weekend... didn't think to check his cart for what he had in it..
Check it? Should have taken it, put everything in it back on the shelf and said... "follow me, I know the way to the First Round" then turned the corner down the whole foods aisle never to look back.