North Carolina Hires New DC - Geoff Collins

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This Broyles Award keeps coming up with this guy. All that happens to get nominated is you have a "peer" nominate you. There is no selection process. You can imagine how he got nominated. From that initial nomination list, this year there were 57 nominees, 15 semi-Finalists are selected by the Broyles Award committee. He never made it to the semi-finals. Maybe one of his fanboys can figure out why. Certainly he had to be Top 15 given how great a DC he was, right? Zero Broyles semi-finalist selections in all those years, that is a fact.
That’s a hard truth. Irrefutable but hard.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
What I just realized.... Is there is a non zero chance this guy might end up living near me...
Eddie Murphy Hello GIF by Saturday Night Live

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Help Me Wow GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski
I have finally found an upside to being just barely above the poverty line. There is ZERO chance a guy with his assetts lives near me. Closest we could be might be in the same area code. ;)
Yeah, but if you’re like my “poverty level” people are always giving you gift cards to go get a meal somewhere. …..And what if those gift cards are to Waffle House?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yeah, but if you’re like my “poverty level” people are always giving you gift cards to go get a meal somewhere. …..And what if those gift cards are to Waffle House?
My relationship with the WaHo and the ALL Star special with scattered, smothered covered and capped is a lifelong commitment such that no one man or person can or could tear it asunder my friend. Even during the reign of sadness, I still made my twice a month pilgrimage with my grandson where we would be greeted with warm smiles. I fall in love easily with anyone who pours me coffee and calls me 'hon". Well, maybe not everyone if you know what I mean. Of course, not that there is anything wrong with that either.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
My relationship with the WaHo and the ALL Star special with scattered, smothered covered and capped is a lifelong commitment such that no one man or person can or could tear it asunder my friend. Even during the reign of sadness, I still made my twice a month pilgrimage with my grandson where we would be greeted with warm smiles. I fall in love easily with anyone who pours me coffee and calls me 'hon". Well, maybe not everyone if you know what I mean. Of course, not that there is anything wrong with that either.
I prefer The WaHo Captivity. That almost 4-year span in which GA Tech was enslaved and diminished to afterthought status. Alas, we found the Key to the dungeon and escaped with our program tattered but rebuildable.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Just wear dark glasses in case you know who shows up.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Collins has proven he is a damn good scheming con man and snookered Stansbury into a terrible contract with no over sight from his boss who did not give one **** about GT athletics. Once here he realized he was in waters he could not swim but he is not a dummy. The reason he kept Thacker and did not involve himself with fixing our defense was he did not want to risk tarnishing his reputation as a competent DC which he figured would be his entry back into coaching after being fired as our head coach for his proven complete incompetence at Tech as a P5 head coach. Having said that, I also think there is a big question mark concerning his ability to improve the defense in Chapel Hill in a short time frame as he will be on a short leash. I do not wish him bad luck, but also do not wish him good luck in this endeavor. I would love to see Key/Faulkner lay a cool 50+ point a$$ whipping on him next season.
Does anyone know how he describes the “rebuilding job” at UNC or if he describes it? That will be the tell. Mack Brown doesn’t have enough time left in coaching to put up with too much nonsense.