Non-adidas GT Swag

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
money GIF

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Got my Homefield T-shirt. Golden Tornado to be exact.

I like the feel & fit of the shirt but it is very thin. Feel like i paid more for the packaging than the product but overall pleased with it.
That's one of the tees I ordered, glad to hear you like it. Similar to an Homage shirt, if you're familiar with those?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Other people who ordered Homefield stuff on launch day, have you gotten yours yet? Mine has not shipped yet...
I got the throwback block T crew and I’m very satisfied with it. I’m usually caught between L and XL in sizes but saw where Homefield stuff can run a little small so I went with the XL. Overall the fit is nice, but it is a little long. It fits very well in the shoulders and chest but a little baggy around the gut and it hangs down a little farther past my waist than I would prefer but it’s not too bad, so those of you with a spare tire around there should be able to make it work great. It’s very soft and appears to be made of durable material. The logo is screen printed but seems pretty high quality.

I’d tell anyone who hasn’t ordered one and would like to but is worried about sizing that it’s a pretty TTS fit. If you always wear 1 size in everything then you’ll be fine to get that size. But if you’re caught in between like me, the larger size will probably fit in your chest and shoulders but will be a tad long, and the smaller size will be a pretty athletic fit so you could throw it on to go for a winter run and it would be perfect.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
That's one of the tees I ordered, glad to hear you like it. Similar to an Homage shirt, if you're familiar with those?
Mine came in today. The white golden tornado shirt, and the gold “North Avenue” and “Ramblin Wreck” shirts. For me, I’d honestly say they are slightly larger than expected. I normally am in between a large and xl, but prefer a tighter/more slim fit, so I ordered large in these. They all fit a noticeable bit more loose than my preferred fit in large. Not huge, but definitely more generously cut. I will also say that the white shirt is substantially thinner than the gold ones. But, the gold they are using for these shirts is a really nice shade. I may post pictures later, I have all the shirts in the wash right now on a scalding hot water cycle followed by a high heat dry to try and shrink them down to my preferred fit (I do this sometimes when clothes are just a hair too loose fitting for my liking).

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I did interact with Homefield earlier in the week, and was basically told they are a bit slow on the print on demand for recent orders. They produce/print each piece as it’s ordered.
uh oh.. wasn't someone on here just asking about if the board posters thought PoD was lower quality stuff WRT to another brand linked?
andre lotterer oops GIF by ABB Formula E

Seriously though, thanks for the write up - love getting info on different brands as they make GT Stuff available.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
uh oh.. wasn't someone on here just asking about if the board posters thought PoD was lower quality stuff WRT to another brand linked?
andre lotterer oops GIF by ABB Formula E

Seriously though, thanks for the write up - love getting info on different brands as they make GT Stuff available.
LOL! I did ask that here because it does seem Print on Demand apparel is talked about here almost in a negative light. But having been around the retail side of apparel for quite a while, I’ve known that many (maybe most) internet based companies that screen print more or less print on demand. And as a bit of irony would have it, Homefield offered up the info on their own when I pinged them to inquire about my order status.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
LOL! I did ask that here because it does seem Print on Demand apparel is talked about here almost in a negative light. But having been around the retail side of apparel for quite a while, I’ve known that many (maybe most) internet based companies that screen print more or less print on demand. And as a bit of irony would have it, Homefield offered up the info on their own when I pinged them to inquire about my order status.
Yep that’s why I thought it was so funny

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Yep that’s why I thought it was so funny
Yep! Not to get too far off topic, but I can’t understand the point of knocking print on demand. It’s printed the exact same way as “pre printed ( don’t even know what you’d want to call the opposite of PoD)” is…just more efficient. Warehouse a bunch of pre printed apparel and hope you sell it all, or…print it as sales volume dictates in almost real time. Same is JIT manufacturing. Odd that GT fans (engineers) would look down on a more efficient method.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
Yep! Not to get too far off topic, but I can’t understand the point of knocking print on demand. It’s printed the exact same way as “pre printed ( don’t even know what you’d want to call the opposite of PoD)” is…just more efficient. Warehouse a bunch of pre printed apparel and hope you sell it all, or…print it as sales volume dictates in almost real time. Same is JIT manufacturing. Odd that GT fans (engineers) would look down on a more efficient method.
I think when most people reference Print On Demand it generally is direct to garment printing rather than screen printing.

Here's a little "battle" between the 2 and their differences

With the PoD/Direct to Garment (DTG) it's easier to print....on demand. Unsurprisingly. Screen print shirts are what most of us grew up wearing and the graphic will sometimes have some weight to it. But that involves a bit more in setup and I doubt these companies are doing in house printing but I may be wrong. With screen printing it makes a lot more sense to buy in bulk and have them stocked.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I think when most people reference Print On Demand it generally is direct to garment printing rather than screen printing.

Here's a little "battle" between the 2 and their differences

With the PoD/Direct to Garment (DTG) it's easier to print....on demand. Unsurprisingly. Screen print shirts are what most of us grew up wearing and the graphic will sometimes have some weight to it. But that involves a bit more in setup and I doubt these companies are doing in house printing but I may be wrong. With screen printing it makes a lot more sense to buy in bulk and have them stocked.
I guess I should have added that I understand the differences in the method(s) of applying graphics to a t-shirt, sorry for not being clear on that. I was more so addressing what has appeared to me a negative association with companies that use Print on demand and the holding of Homefield above them as a much higher quality, when in fact they do the same thing. As long as the buyer/wearer likes the apparel and graphics, it’s all good.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
After washing/drying the 3 shirts I received today, I have additional thoughts. The 2 gold t-shirts I got are very clearly sourced from a different vendor than the white one. The gold have different hem widths, different material (stiffer, heavier/thicker, feel a lot more “harsh”) than the white. The white IS thinner, but after washing is super soft and stretchy. It may actually be a “cheaper” quality shirt given that it is so thin, but it actually feels way higher quality than the gold units I received.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
After washing/drying the 3 shirts I received today, I have additional thoughts. The 2 gold t-shirts I got are very clearly sourced from a different vendor than the white one. The gold have different hem widths, different material (stiffer, heavier/thicker, feel a lot more “harsh”) than the white. The white IS thinner, but after washing is super soft and stretchy. It may actually be a “cheaper” quality shirt given that it is so thin, but it actually feels way higher quality than the gold units I received.
This is a big part of why I enjoy our fan base. Specificity and correctness matter to us. It’s not pedantic to be focused on accurately conveying the details of something.

Accuracy and efficiency of communication is something I appreciate in all areas (professional, familial and even shooting the breeze with the boys).

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I haven’t had the time to take any on body fit photos yet, but here’s a couple I snapped this morning getting ready for game day to show the color of Homefield relative to some of my other golds I’ve put together.

(Forgive the rotation of the photos, the upload process is doing this and I can’t adjust it. The photos being uploaded are the correct orientation before being sent to the site here)

This first pic shows the Homefield gold on top of other pretty closely matched golds of today’s game day outfit. I actually didn’t realize how much it doesn’t match until I did this.

8CF67DAD-6FE2-49EE-9420-298F4B878459.jpeg

Second pic here is same as before, but with a Section 103 gold t-shirt to the right of the Homefield. It actually almost blends in too well with the Adidas polo it’s laying on top of.

09414961-47E8-42F0-B033-51A774DEDC26.jpeg

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
I haven’t had the time to take any on body fit photos yet, but here’s a couple I snapped this morning getting ready for game day to show the color of Homefield relative to some of my other golds I’ve put together.

(Forgive the rotation of the photos, the upload process is doing this and I can’t adjust it. The photos being uploaded are the correct orientation before being sent to the site here)

This first pic shows the Homefield gold on top of other pretty closely matched golds of today’s game day outfit. I actually didn’t realize how much it doesn’t match until I did this.

View attachment 11501

Second pic here is same as before, but with a Section 103 gold t-shirt to the right of the Homefield. It actually almost blends in too well with the Adidas polo it’s laying on top of.

View attachment 11502

That's a great jacket...where did you find that?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

View attachment 11501

View attachment 11502
Homefields gold is more mustard yellow when compared.