Nobody Cares

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
I feel like we have gone from being fired up for the season to disappointment to calling for the coach to be fired to amazement that the coach has not been fired to NOW…..apathy. I’m there. Why discuss? Why watch? Why go to games? A few have posted that they are checking out, but I never believed them. Now I do. I’m out. Caring when the powers that be do not is futile.

Tjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I feel like we have gone from being fired up for the season to disappointment to calling for the coach to be fired to amazement that the coach has not been fired to NOW…..apathy. I’m there. Why discuss? Why watch? Why go to games? A few have posted that they are checking out, but I never believed them. Now I do. I’m out. Caring when the powers that be do not is futile.
Forget the coach let’s hang in there and support the players COLLINS will be gone next year most of the players will return under new and hopefully better management.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Forget the coach let’s hang in there and support the players COLLINS will be gone next year most of the players will return under new and hopefully better management.
I want the kids to win some games to reward THEIR hard work and effort. I have reached the point that I am detached if we lose because it's expected now. A few more losses don't matter at this point. I will still watch the remaining games in hopes the kids can avoid so many mistakes and win at some point. GC is gone and everyone involved from fans, to coaches, to players, to tv announcers, to sports writers, to the AD knows it.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Ok what’s the plan for supporting the players but not the HC or AD?
Yeah, I’ve been wondering what that would look like too.

Tough place to be as a fan. I was pulling hard for Tech to pull off the upset yesterday. Until the punt was blocked.

Then all I could think about was what I said in real time when our first punt got blocked this year -that it was obvious we were slow getting it off and this was going to keep happening if we didn’t change some basic techniques.

Now it’s happened 3 more times.

I want to support the players. Dearly. But how do you say, “I’m sorry you’re not getting the coaching you deserve and that you were promised when you came here”?

Also, once again, on a crucial down and distance play, Sims didn’t not lower his shoulder to pick up the extra yard or two to sustain a drive. Instead he ran out of bounds. He clearly does not want to sacrifice his body for this team right now. I can either be angry with him for his lack of effort or I can say, “Yeah, bro, I’m there with you and I’m not going to put in much effort either right now until there is a reason to.”

Just venting.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
200.gif

ScGold

Banned
Ok what’s the plan for supporting the players but not the HC or AD?
It is past supporting players also. The transfer portal and NIL have allowed the players to have 100% control of their future. Players are the ones jumping off sides, whiff blocking, failed assignments, etc. Coaches do have a responsibility to put a game plan together, but they can't be held 100% responsible for players not getting the job done. The whole program is a $hit storm. Everyone has a hand in this tragic story.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Also, once again, on a crucial down and distance play, Sims didn’t not lower his shoulder to pick up the extra yard or two to sustain a drive. Instead he ran out of bounds. He clearly does not want to sacrifice his body for this team right now. I can either be angry with him for his lack of effort or I can say, “Yeah, bro, I’m there with you and I’m not going to put in much effort either right now until there is a reason to.”

Just venting.

All in all, the effort was pretty good from the team given the situation. Someone however should be telling the few kids that are making mental mistakes or taking snaps off that, with the transfer portal, they should be wanting to put good film out there. Too many kids have stepped off the bus and never found another ride. Since this is essentially pro ball now, you hustle your @@@ off despite playing for the Jacksonville Jaguars bc your contract, future and paycheck is based on YOUR performance and not the team's performance.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I will always care.
Was bad time for me in 65 as 18 years old. No money for anything beyond books tution dorm. Gt players brought me peanut butter , jelly and fruit from training table. Their spontaneous kindness helped me get thru till i found part time job.
At walkup tailgate wife and encourage the parents of players - especially the injured and backups. Hard for them to see a way up.

I think its no problem for being mad at admin, ad, cgc. I am furious at admin.

I get to hear from parents = that the cause of the long term hamstrung issue w leonard has neen found. Classic tech man. Also get to see already graduated 5# playing thru injury and now being able to hold double team at least near los so charlie thomas can work. Mom he is so happy.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I still care and will never stop caring.

However I have been known recently to change the channel because I couldn't bear to watch any more.
I had the game on record. Shortly after the blocked punt I turned it off telling myself that I would watch the recording if things turned around. Made a charcoal fire, opened some wine and grilled some salmon.

Later I went back and skimmed through the recording for about 10 minutes and felt I had done my duty.