no sweeter music will i hear....

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
than during the announcement of the tourney teams:c "the georgia bulldwags are out and the georgia tech yellow jackets are in."

i dont see it happening with this team due to our short bench but..... beating duke in the acc championship game would be SUCH a huge turnaround and i would so love to see coach k flop on the floor and toss a tantrum. heh. stranger things have happened.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
than during the announcement of the tourney teams:c "the georgia bulldwags are out and the georgia tech yellow jackets are in."

i dont see it happening with this team due to our short bench but..... beating duke in the acc championship game would be SUCH a huge turnaround and i would so love to see coach k flop on the floor and toss a tantrum. heh. stranger things have happened.

Yeah but not many haha

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I don't think Duke will be in the finals. They're only playing 7 kids and Allen is hurt, which shortens their bench even more. Assuming they lose to UNCheat this weekend, they'll miss the double bye and no way they will four games in four days with that short rotation

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don't think Duke will be in the finals. They're only playing 7 kids and Allen is hurt, which shortens their bench even more. Assuming they lose to UNCheat this weekend, they'll miss the double bye and no way they will four games in four days with that short rotation
With a 1st round bye, Duke only need to win 3 games. That's still a lot. We'll most likely have to win 4 in 4 days to win (unless we beat Syracuse, then we get a 1st round bye).

The format of the ACC Tourney is absolutely unfair. Sorry, but for the 1st 4 to only have 2 games and the last 6 to have 4 games, no equity there. What that does is guarantee the best teams in the league a huge advantage, and the bottom of the league essentially no chance. We have 15 teams, 1-7 get a bye, everyone plays at least 3 games to get win. You want a big league, you play more games. The top teams already have the advantage of playing against a lesser team.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Another catchy tune would be when Candy -er- Vandy's bubble gets burst by the upstart Jackets.

Deleted member 2897

We've either beat every team in the ACC, or we've beat a team who has beat them. We don't do well without rest, but you never know.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
With a 1st round bye, Duke only need to win 3 games. That's still a lot. We'll most likely have to win 4 in 4 days to win (unless we beat Syracuse, then we get a 1st round bye).

The format of the ACC Tourney is absolutely unfair. Sorry, but for the 1st 4 to only have 2 games and the last 6 to have 4 games, no equity there. What that does is guarantee the best teams in the league a huge advantage, and the bottom of the league essentially no chance. We have 15 teams, 1-7 get a bye, everyone plays at least 3 games to get win. You want a big league, you play more games. The top teams already have the advantage of playing against a lesser team.

You misspelled regular season matters.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You misspelled regular season matters.
Actually, I didn't. Regular season is what sets the seeds. That's why the Top 7 get a bye, and #1 has to play the winner of #8/#9, who's playing on no rest. That's more than enough advantage for the top teams in the league.

The way it is now creates too much of a stacked deck. But that's what the ACC leadership wants. They don't want their top teams losing. They want top NCAA seeds so that the top ACC teams go further in the NCAA Tourney. This isn't a league of haves and have nots. The bottom of the league can beat the top of the league on any given night. The way it is now, the bottom guys beat each other up and are exhausted by the time they play the top teams. Sorry, but anyone who says this is proper is full of BS.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Actually, I didn't. Regular season is what sets the seeds. That's why the Top 7 get a bye, and #1 has to play the winner of #8/#9, who's playing on no rest. That's more than enough advantage for the top teams in the league.

The way it is now creates too much of a stacked deck. But that's what the ACC leadership wants. They don't want their top teams losing. They want top NCAA seeds so that the top ACC teams go further in the NCAA Tourney. This isn't a league of haves and have nots. The bottom of the league can beat the top of the league on any given night. The way it is now, the bottom guys beat each other up and are exhausted by the time they play the top teams. Sorry, but anyone who says this is proper is full of BS.
More like they want the top teams rested for the NCAAs the next week.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
The tourney is simple. Not sure why people get it wrong so often
Seeds 1 - 4: 3 wins to take the trophy
Seeds 5 - 9: 4 wins to take the trophy
Seeds 10 - 15: 5 wins to take the trophy

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The tourney is simple. Not sure why people get it wrong so often
Seeds 1 - 4: 3 wins to take the trophy
Seeds 5 - 9: 4 wins to take the trophy
Seeds 10 - 15: 5 wins to take the trophy
Yeah, I was counting TO the Championship game not through it (although I said to win it, I know). Regardless, It's still ridiculous that 4 teams get a double bye.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
More like they want the top teams rested for the NCAAs the next week.
yeah...but, no. Make it a sweet-16 minus 1. Win the regular season and you get a 1st round bye.

Otherwise use the previous weekend for a play-in or something to make it more equitable. I'm pretty sure everyone could have been finished mid-last week with the regular schedule. Make a Saturday play-in for the 10-15. Then start the first round on Tuesday, 2nd Round on Thursday, 3rd on Friday and 4th on Saturday/Sunday. Give the weaker teams a shot. Otherwise your 10-15 teams have to win two games on consecutive days just to meet a Top 4 team on the 3rd day, that team being rested since the previous weekend. Yeah, that's just messed up. If we're the 10th seed, we play Syracuse on Sunday, game on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. That's realistic!