No more Thursday night college games?

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
It could happen. Interesting thread on The Hive.

I used to enjoy the Thursday night college game back when it was special, but now that the NFL has horned in on Thursdays it isn't the same. The NFL game siphons off a lot of potential viewers and if you want to watch it from a smallish bar or pub you will have to be persuasive to get them to keep a TV tuned to the college game, at least that has been our experience.

The Thursday college game does not provide the exposure it once did, and maybe isn't worth the inconvenience it causes to the teams, schools and fans. Personally, I find the Thursday night home games less fun than Saturday games due to traffic hassles getting to campus, reduced time for tailgating, and still having to work Thursday and Friday.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I agree. I used to find the Thursday games exciting just because it was another day to watch college football and there was usually a good game on. Now I just find myself watching whatever NFL game is on. I do think the NFL benefits from it more due to basically every college game being watchable everywhere in the country vs the NFL where you have to have Sunday Ticket.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
NFL? What is this NFL that you speak of? :rolleyes:

The last time I liked watching pro football, other than during the playoffs, was before I went to Tech. "Pro-style Offense" has made it that much worse for me.