Nightmare...

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Had a bad nightmare last night.

Dreamed Duke beat F$U in the ACCCG knocking the ACC out of the playoffs and costing the conference millions. This can't/won't really happen did it?

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Lol if Duke runs the table and beats an undefeated FSU team in the ACCCG, Duke will be in the playoffs.
I don't think so. Not with the Miami loss. It would allow the committee to write off the ACC from the big show and re-open the one playoff slot reserved for a team not from the SEC.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I don't think so. Not with the Miami loss. It would allow the committee to write off the ACC from the big show and re-open the one playoff slot reserved for a team not from the SEC.
I dunno, Miami is surging right now so that loss doesn't look so bad. And it's still only one loss and they would be the ACC Champions and conference champions are supposed to take priority in the selection process according to what I've seen. But who knows what really goes on.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

Miami could win out. FSU better watch out. Miami will be a top 15 shortly IMO. Losing to them early in the year is not a huge black eye. But in general a one loss ACC team would have difficulty jumping a one loss SEC team. Bias alone makes it impossible.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Duke wouldn't make the playoffs. But if Duke win's out they could play in the Orange Bowl which would be a nice 2 checks for the ACC.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Lol the way the schedules are set up in the SEC right now there is absolutely no way they get more than 2 teams in. Oregon should walk in unless they collapse. Utter chaos is about to ensue in the Big 12 over the next few weeks. If a team escapes the Big 12 with just 1 loss, that team will be in. Michigan State will have a good argument if they end up with just one loss to Oregon. It’s gonna be a fun ride the rest of the way, every conference is in a legit battle. Unless we run out of one loss teams from other conferences, I don’t think the SEC gets 2 teams in unless there are 2 one loss teams in the SEC which I have a hard time seeing happen.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Alabama beats Mississippi State, miss st then loses to ole miss. Auburn beats Alabama and then Auburn loses the Sec championship game or gets beat by uga

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
No way they shut the SEC out. Even with 3-4 losses they'd just rationalize it as if SEC losses aren't "real" losses. Look at how far they "drop" in the polls when they lose. Why is UGA still top 15-ish? Last week everybody said UF was sooo bad and Muschamp might be fired midseason. But a loss to them isn't a big deal this week?

That Rolling Stone article was dead on.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
No way they shut the SEC out. Even with 3-4 losses they'd just rationalize it as if SEC losses aren't "real" losses. Look at how far they "drop" in the polls when they lose. Why is UGA still top 15-ish? Last week everybody said UF was sooo bad and Muschamp might be fired midseason. But a loss to them isn't a big deal this week?

That Rolling Stone article was dead on.
The "committee" is supposed to be an independent entity.